KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

TT Racing the Cannondale

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002 | 09:03 AM
|
Range Rover

I just had some helper springs added to my stock shocks and I was able to lower the quad about 3-4". I had +2+1 a-arms added and went with American Racer TT tires. I took it around the track during practice and it handles way better than it did before these improvements.

I changed the rear sprocket to a 37 tooth but my holeshot is not nearly as good. I'm thinking since the tires hook so good that's why the motor is bogging off the line. Is anyone else running TT with their Cannondale and can you recommend a rear sprocket size? I have the 42 tooth that came on it but was thinking this might be too high.

This will be my first TT Race and I'm looking for all the advice I can get. I cannot find any sites with information on TT Racing. Thanks!

Old 09-19-2002 | 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

For most tt races I run 14-39.
The best advice I can give you is to practice using your front brake without pulling in the clutch.Whoever brakes the latest will be the fastest around the course.Your fuel injection will help you coming out of corners the fast response is a big advantage.
I think last month in dirtwheels there was a article on ttracing.
If you cant get traction raise the suspension a little. too much lower it.The swaybar has multiple holes start with the holes farther out if quad highsides go closer to bar.Front end of quad has to be even or slightly higher than back looking at bottom of frame in relation to level ground.When you set swaybar raise front of quad off ground bolts on link should slide in and out easily that way you know it is initially set even.
Take notes and try all kinds of adjustments.Hope this helps dont get discouraged very little changes make big differences in this type of racing.

Old 09-20-2002 | 07:04 PM
|
Range Rover

Thanks for the tips!! When I set the swaybar to neutral, do I have to sit on the quad or should it be set with nobody on it?

Old 09-23-2002 | 09:10 AM
Pro Rider

Raise the quad off the ground so the front wheels arent touching.
Another tip is to take the springs of your shocks and cycle the a-arms through the stroke to make sure your swaybar isnt hitting anything.
Saw your latest post congratulations!It is very tough to comeback and pass people in TT.