KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

ATV Action's z400 vs. Cannibal Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 11:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To me this is like comparing a Vett to a Geo... not even a chance. The Vett will ride harder and the Geo is a easy rider. Yes they are both cars but they are two total diff cars made for diff things. they should end it with..." The Z is a better bike for the avg ridder. The Z is easyer to work on, rides smother and is not as wheelie happy. If your into fast and hard riding the Cannondale is a better bike. The Cannondale loves to be ridden hard and fast."

My buddy just got a Z and i rode it, and he rode my dale. He liked my dale and i like the Z. I ride hard all the time, anytime. He likes to ride hard.... sometimes. The bike that we each got was right bike for us. Witch goes to prove my point: dont pit a race car to a family car.

Maybe i am just being cocky from only racing piped raptors and lightly modded shees. But the hill climbing Shees at Glamis should hush me up.. lol yeah right love my dale to much.

Stay on the gas or you will get passed!

Old 10-04-2002, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

Does my CRF need reverse?lol Read 14mins thread about my Cannon eater. My KFX isn't much off it's pace. But the green machine also has cams, 12.5:1 piston and some pretty good port and polish to go with the bigger carb and pipe.

Yodaddy will post in a couple of weeks so maybe you guys would beleive it's possible something is faster than a Cannon.lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

There were 2 moto440's in Splendora{near Houston} a few weeks ago that didn't come close to holeshotting. Actually a little past mid pack to the first turn{about 400 ft}. I would think that would be enough room for the faster quads to get to the front. Don't you?

I really do like the Cannons and wish other manufacturers would follow their lead in support and service.

Old 10-04-2002, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

well, there are several reasons why i bought a cannondale, but a z400 would be my next choice. for not too much money, the z400 will run pretty good. plus suzuki did step up to the plate with a real high performance quad, unlike honda. i remember the good ole days back in 1999, the honda 400ex would smoke a banshee and out handle a 250r[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]won all the shoot outs.lol

Old 10-04-2002, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

man i hate to get into this one but i got to say something about this holeshot thing. FROM OUR RACING EXPERENCE i know everyone has different results. josh started on a cannibal in may and moved up to the moto about 6 weeks ago. we have raced against everything except a crf 450 and he has pulled the last 10 out of 12 holeshots. this is no bull$hit and can be backed up by 3 or 4 other forum members. this last race he pulled the holeshot on a yz426 motored quad with a very good rider on it. like i said at first... this is just our experence

Old 10-04-2002, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

The rider definately makes the difference when comparing fast quads. I know the Cannons are really fast and I'm sure I'll own one soon. I want a woods racer even though the green machine would work just fine.

Old 10-05-2002, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider

Nothing wrong with a z400, my brother has one and it would be my second choice of a quad if I couldnt have my dale. I wouldnt buy a kxf400 because its a Suzuki with diffrent plastic. Rod are you gonna race nov.26 badlandsmx. I am hoping to be down there to prove some people wrong. later

Old 10-05-2002, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider

MXracer, I didn't plan on it, but if we're not skiing out of state during the holidays it's possible. I'm sure there will be at least 2 other CRF's there not to mention a lot of other fast quads there for the proof you are looking for. I'll pm you when I find out.

Old 10-05-2002, 04:18 PM
Range Rover

If the Z400 won the shootout they should have called it the "average rider shootout" because it won because it fits the average rider better.

Old 10-05-2002, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

I would like to back up my fellow C-dale owners here, but you all are in a dream world. Yes, the Dales are awesome but you guys are turnin in to "EX Riders".

DirtDiggler - In responce to your "doing a shootout for what the quad is made for", all I have to say is, the Cannibal was designed for pretty much the same purpose that the Z400 was built for. To be an all around kinda quad that you could build on.

The Z-400/KFX400's ARE in the same catagory as the Dales. Stock vs. stock, the Dales obviously out powers it and has it beat in every way as far as speed and acceleration goes, but like I said before, most people trail ride so it's trail riding abilities will be the most heavily weighed part of the shootout. The Dales have great, agressive power and that is their downfall in the trails.

So I still think their conclusion was right.

Some may dissagree and if you do, great, be happy, but why start b!tchin about it here. Do you really think everyone here wants your opinion shoved in their face constantly? Hell no they don't.

LOL, That last part was just a joke... I just really felt like saying that.

Old 10-05-2002, 09:59 PM
The Facility

I too think the Z and KFX 400s are great quads. I had never even seen a KFX in person until this past Sunday at a local trail riding area. We were at a part of the trail called Widow Maker Hill [I think there is one in every trail area.LOL]

Anyway...This hill is roughly 250' in length and gets steeper the further up you go. There is only about 10' of room at the bottom for a start and the hill has a turn half way up, so power is a neccesseity. I was the ONLY quad of a group of 4 to pull that hill with no problems. Forum members liftkit and reconbasher can verify this. The KFX ran out of juice about half way up and did a brakelock and received a tow to the top. Now, I will admit that this quad was bone stock down to the exhaust, but it weezed much quicker than I thought it would.

What does this mean?? Nothing really. I just saw something about a KFX and remembered my experience this past weekend....LOL

BUT....Like airtime was saying....adding a grand of parts into a Z is nothing when you do the same with the Cannondale engine. No arguing here. You are limited to porting, cams, piston, and an exhaust with either model.
Do the same with both quads and you are back to point A.

I know of 3 friends who are planning to race their Z400s with me in the hare scramble races next season. I am interested in seeing how they do. I still aint buying one, but I really am interested in what they are capable of.

RODSQUADS,
What part of Texas are you located?? [east.west.south]

I know we were talking a few weeks ago about woods racing and was just wondering what area you were in so that I could see what organizations are closest to you.

Quick Reply: ATV Action's z400 vs. Cannibal Shootout