KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Gonzales,LA and Starkville,MS Arena Cross Races Oct.19 and Oct.26

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 01:43 PM
MrP
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gonzales,LA and Starkville,MS Arena Cross Races Oct.19 and Oct.26

KNOWSALOT- I might be coming to the AX in Starkville Saturday. Dont know for sure yet though.

Airtime- Are you going to be on the C-dale?

Old 10-22-2002, 09:24 PM
The Facility

Thanks Gaff. Your reply was exactly what I was looking for. That layout is fdifferent from the one they use here........or have in the past anyway.

The race that you guys have must be in a slightly larger building, because there are no jumps in ours that are nearly as big and far apart as you describe.

The one similarity I see is the 100 yard long whoop section. It's about the same depth and setup as well. It's hell for a quad regardless of suspension setup.

Again..thanks for the reply.

MrP,
If you go, let me know and I will look you up there.

Old 10-22-2002, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

yeah, i will be on the black bull. stock shocks and all. had to order a new engine case for the R. so it will not be ready. hope to see everyone there. markvette, are yaw coming?

Old 10-23-2002, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

knowsalot or airtime
got some stupid questions.
1. arena cross, indoors right
2. where do you pit ?
3. are you allowed to have pit bikes ? i use my quad to get around on and as a tow vehicle
4. where do you park your truck, trailer etc ?
5. what the hell do you from 10:00 sign ups till 5:00 practice ?
6. hmmmm thats all i can think of right now, probably more will come to me
oh yea if we come which one of you is gonna buy dinner ???????? LOL

Later......Mark

Old 10-23-2002, 10:27 AM
MrP
Pro Rider

markvette- The AX is inside. It will be small compared to the outdoor tracks, but it will be fun. You pit outside the building the race is in. Pit bikes have been allowed in previous AX races I have been to, but not inside the building. You want have that far to walk anyway. You will park your truck and trailer outside the building. You dont have to be there at 10 unless running the amateur class. This is how it has always been when I went to the AX races. Ryan told me he was also heading out to Monster Mountain this weekend. I want to go to that track before the year is over with.

Old 10-23-2002, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

yea we got to go to the monster but i'm afraid of getting rained out. thats a long haul to get rained out. all these guys talking about the AX has got me wanting to go there too but i would really like to finish this series at the monster. its only 4 races and you cant miss any of them. the next one is nov.10 so maybe you can make that one. i thought about doing both but thats 800 miles of driving. we would have to leave right after the AX races were over and get no sleep. i guess we will just make plans to make the feb. AX. later

Old 10-23-2002, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

mark, the ax will be a small track. the only people who will be allowed to park inside will be the two kawasaki dirt biks that are friends with the promoters. the rest of us will park in the parking area. nice large parking area. i'm not sure if the pro's have to sign up at 10:00 or not. maybe knowsalot can tell you. last year i just hung out and helped my friends riding the amateur class. i'm planning to complain to the promoters and see if i can get the pro's some early practice (like around 1:00) maybe if enough of us complain they will let us. it is a fairly new building and the seating area is only on one side of the track. you will line up at the end of the building where there is plenty of room (covered area) and push your bike inside to the starting gate. i had a very good time hanging out last year and watching the semi's. it should be a lot of amateur quad semi's. you will get to see knowsalot on the secret c-dale (from a distance, you are not authorized to touch it, lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]) last year it seemed pretty laid back for an ax. (not like shelbyville, tn) by the way, what size rear sprocket are you running on the motto? my book says 38 tooth for the motto but i'm not sure. oh yeah, you can easily ride your bike from the parking area to the staging area, it really is all the same area anyway. you will probably not need a pit bike. you will not be allowed inside the building with it anyway (track too small for that). hope to see you there. later

Old 10-23-2002, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

yea the moto is 38. i am waiting for ups to deliver us a new sprocket and brakes all around. what i have decided, we have to try and make the monster. if we get there early saturday morning and it is raining or looks like it will then we will head straight to starksville to try and make the AX. if you have to sign up by 10:00 maybe someone will give me their cell number and i can call and say we are on our way. then they can sign josh up for us and i will square things up with them when we get there. only way i know to do it. later

Old 10-23-2002, 08:44 PM

WE ARE COMING TO STARKVLLE!!!!!!!! We talked it over and just got off the phone with Kip and we will definately be there. Will somebody tell me how many laps the pro class runs. Just curious. See you there.
Josh

Old 10-23-2002, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

ok as you all can see by josh's post, josh and the mighty moto will ba at starkville arena cross. its gonna be hell on dear old dad driving there saturday then leaving for monster mountain after the AX. got a question, looks like i will be coming in on hwy 45 to 82, how do i get to the arena from there. still wanna know whos buying dinner ? cant miss us, white dodge ram quad cab with homemade rack on bed hauling a moto and a warrior.

Quick Reply: Gonzales,LA and Starkville,MS Arena Cross Races Oct.19 and Oct.26