KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Gonzales,LA and Starkville,MS Arena Cross Races Oct.19 and Oct.26

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 10:21 PM
The Facility
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok.....I have gotten a bit more info for the Arena cross races this week.....Finally.

The race in Gonzales,LA is at the Lamar-Dixon Expo...Staurday Oct.19

This race is sponsored by Yamaha ATV Center in Gonzales,LA...You can reach them at [225] 644-6432 for more information including directions.

The race in Starkville,MS is at the Mississippi Horse Park.....Saturday Oct.26

This race is sponsored by Village Cycle Center in Starkville,MS...You can reach them at 1-800-898-0195 for more information including directions.

This is the layout and times that are posted for both the LA and MS arenacross races.

Pro Class Entry..........$40.00
Amateur Class Entry......$30.00
Racer Pit Pass............$5.00
Specator Pit Pass........$15.00

Gates open for registration at 10:00AM
Amateur practice starts at 11:00AM
Amateur heat races begin at 2:00PM
Pro Practice begins at 5:00PM
Main Event for bikes and quads begin at 7:30PM

The race headquarters at the Starkville event will be at Microtel Inn [662]615-0700

The race headquarters at the Gonzales event will be at Holiday Inn [225] 647-8000

If I find anything else out before then I will post it here.

By the way....I will not be attending the Gonzales race but will be at the Starkville race. I will be running the amateur class ofcourse...LOL

Patrick

Old 10-05-2002, 10:38 PM
Trailblazer

I got thr flyer in the mail. is there usually alot of quads show up? the 19th will be ard to make because that is the fernwood (quad)race, and the 27th is the monster mountain race. ihave to make a unch of ard decisions. where ever te pro purse is higher.
fuller

Old 10-05-2002, 11:03 PM
The Facility

fuller,

We had this same arenacross this past February.

They split the Amateur class into two classes......0-250cc and 251cc-UP [fourstroke or two stroke]

I think we had about 15 in each Amateur class and I can't remember how many were in the pro class.

airtime ran the pro class last year, so maybe he could help out there.

So....30 Amateurs and ever how many pros were there.

I know that there will be many more running the Amateur class this year, along with about a half dozen first timers, but don't know of any guys moving up to Pro.

Sorry.....But only airtime can answer the number of Pros questions.

Old 10-05-2002, 11:39 PM
The Facility

By the way guys........

Michael, an on site employee at the KNOWSALOT FACILITY, will be attending the arenacross in the amateur class aboard a Red 400EX.

I mention this because he is the one who "played" Captain in the critically acclaimed Knowsalot.net Captain parodys.

I would hate for my riding buddy to be taken out during the race because a rider remembered the pics we put up and fails to realize that he isn't the real Captain....LOL

Forum member edsmith, who is also a facility employee, will be there to take pics of the race action since he is recovering from a broken leg and will not be able to race. I hope a certain person shows up to race so we can get some real pics.

Old 10-06-2002, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider

fuller, i believe there were 8 or 10 of us in the pro-class. there were a couple of guys that race in the national a class that won it. no national pro's were there. if you come to starkville, you can stay the night and leave for monster mountain in the morning. me and two of my friends might be going to monster mountain also. it should be a large turn out, especially in the beginner class. some of the guys that came last year knew mrp. so he might be able to tell you more than i can. hope to see you there. if my 250r is not back together i will be riding the c-dale. oh yeah, watch out for knowsalot, he is hell on plastic. lol

Old 10-06-2002, 01:49 PM
The Facility

<< oh yeah, watch out for knowsalot, he is hell on plastic. lol >>

Sad, but true. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Tell Steve that since they will likely split the classes again this year, I will be in the 251-UP class instead of the 250 class.

Maybe he can now go ahead and replace that plastic with confidence knowing that I'm not there to make a wreck of it.

For those of you reading this with suspicion...

Me and airtime's friend, Steve, just have some bad luck on the track.
I have only raced with the guy twice...once in 1997 and then in February....both times, we got tangled up on the track....Both times causing damage to his rear fenders.

Old 10-06-2002, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

Patrick,

If you did damage to his rear plastic, wouldn't that mean you where behind him. LOL

Repeat after me.

Must use right thumb more, Must use right thumb more, Must use right thumb more, Must use right thumb more. LOL

Smitty

At my first race with the Cannondale I stalled out of the gate in both motos. Hope everyone blamed me and not the quad. LOL

Someone said in the pits,&quot;We better watch out, some guys on a Cannondale.&quot; Needless to say once they found out that I have never really raced they where relieved. After I stalled in the first moto, they wern't even worried. LOL

Smitty

Old 10-06-2002, 05:27 PM
The Facility

Hey Smitty.

The first time I raced my Cannibal I stalled it also.

Since then, I have gotten the holeshot over every quad in my class at every race, but one time where the slow cranking put me a close second at the first turn.

I know too well about the intimidation factor of a Cannondale showing up for a race. Especially when none of the competitors have seen one before.....LOL

Old 10-06-2002, 11:48 PM
Range Rover

So Michael is the guy that I should be looking for at Starksville? Naw. i could care less. The pictures were funny. My turn is soon, very soon.

I am not sure if we will be attending either race you mentioned because we are having some problems with the timing on the EX. He has been running it so long that I dont feel like swapping him back to the 250 so soon before any major events. It's a sour taste in this household because he was only 4 points from the second place guy and we are half way through the season now.

If we do go, I will not let any of you know. We go to race and not deal with all the big mouth guys who dont back up their claims. I'm not labeling anyone here in particular, and refuse to get into these little squables that seem to follow me everywhere I go when it comes to racing. Those who take everything as serious as we do know what I mean.Just in case we do happen to be there, be sure to have your handy cameraman focusing on the front of the pack if he is looking for pics of me or my son.

Captain

Old 10-07-2002, 01:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

<< Must use right thumb more, Must use right thumb more, Must use right thumb more, Must use right thumb more. LOL >>

LMAO The 26th huh?

Quick Reply: Gonzales,LA and Starkville,MS Arena Cross Races Oct.19 and Oct.26