KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

BUYER BEWARE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUYER BEWARE!

I have a question in all this. If there is an authorized dealer nearby than that is where you would get your warranty work covered so who cares. If this guy owns an authorized dealership and is using the connection to put Dales in his other dealerships what difference does it make everyone still gets their money and the authorized dealership takes care of warranty work. I would make sure my warranty papers where in order before I walked out with the quad anyway if the paperwork wasn't available I wouldn't take the quad. I guess if someone was running a scam there wouldn't be all the official paperwork just some lame receipt and that doesn't seam suspicious I don't know what is. If it's all there then in the end everyone got what they wanted unless I'm totaly missing the point.

Old 10-10-2002, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default BUYER BEWARE!

OK so what you are saying is you went to a dealer and did not ask if he had parts, did not check with any other customers and did no reserch what so ever and now you are upset. Gee how can that have happened?

Guys always check out the people you are dealing with he can be selling the greatest thing in the world but you will at some point need service.

Old 10-10-2002, 09:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default BUYER BEWARE!

of course there are alot of independent dealer out there thats not the point. my point is when you buy a NEW CANNONDALE it comes with a 6 month warranty and if a dealer sells you a new quad and they are not a autherized dealer to sell them or do warranty work they should tell you that before you buy it. second of all cannondale should not let unautherized dealers sell there products period! there is no other manufactuer that would do this. if they sell them used with 0 hours this is totally different. but this also means that the buyer has no warranty. cannondale will not transfer warranty

Old 10-11-2002, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default BUYER BEWARE!

If I could buy a Cannondale at Walmart I would have. The warrenty issue is for a bike that has been registered to someone and than sold. That does not appear to be the case.

I think we have covered this enough. No one is upset about this except Quadgod.

Once again, you said that he has other dealerships and that he is only selling them at his other outlets. So who cares, The warrenty is still good, the service can still be done.

It would be BOOTLEG if they where being sold at a completely differnet dealership with no contract with Cannondale.

Smitty

Old 10-11-2002, 12:37 PM
Trailblazer
Default BUYER BEWARE!

so it would be ok for another dealership to open a building right down the street form your buddy harry and sell cannondales for $100.00 over cost and he wouldnt have a problem with that. think again

Old 10-11-2002, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default BUYER BEWARE!

He May, but this is Americia.

Case in Point. In SOCAL, within a 30 minute Drive I can be at one of 12 Toyota dealership, 8 Dodge, 9 Ford, 10 Chevy 5 Mitsubishi, 8 Honda.

It's your money spend it where you think you are getting the best service and price.

Smitty

Old 10-11-2002, 01:10 PM
Trailblazer
Default BUYER BEWARE!

thats not what i asked you read it again and than answer

Old 10-11-2002, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default BUYER BEWARE!

OK I had a dealership. You can only sell from the regestered location. If you have a place on the south side of town and wanted to sell on the north you can not unless both locations ar franchised. So what the dealer you are speaking of did is one of 2 things
1 he sold it without permission from C-dale, report him he can loose his franchise(only if c-dale wants) that does not happen unless like said above you are infringing on another dealer.
2 he sold the quad to the other store then they sell it to you as used. not ethical but it is leagle.

Again I say check out the dealer you are buying from, when I was a dealer I would get all sort of people who had decided that they could save a few dollars and buy from a fly by night place the come to me to fix them. My customers came first so when 2 people came in on bought from me and the other someplace else and said I need my quad this weekend we are going riding but I only had time to get to one, Guess who went riding? Many times I lent my personal unit to good customers b/c they had a ride planned and I could not get their quad fixed in time.
So if like said before you buy from Wal-Mart to save a $100 bucks do not b!tch when the service you get sucks.

Old 10-11-2002, 03:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default BUYER BEWARE!

i totally agree

Old 10-11-2002, 03:41 PM
Trailblazer
Default BUYER BEWARE!

ok here's the deal i know both shops the one thats selling the quad but dose not know how to work on them. and dont care to help some one that just got a dale . i have had people come up to me at the track and ask about there quad . that they have got for that dealer. did not know a thing about the quad .

dealer A owes 3 dealers in the state. moves more machines than you can count we all know what that means he could care less about one guys quad that not right when there 100 people buyin things from him i have delt with him in the pass .

what got me is here this guy walks up to me asked me what i thought about me quad . we all get that right i bet i get it 10 to 15 times i ride it .

he goes and telles me he has a dale and its a P.O.S i just about droped asked him why goes to tell me all the things thats bad. he has fouled 5 pluges at the time he had the quad for 2 weeks .
the dealer did not show him how to start the quad .

i ask how does it look when some one will tell you there quad is junk i know if i was looking to get a dale and some one told me it was junk that has one i would not get one . and this guy has a new quad

we don't need that

all i can say is that dealer B has gone far above and beyond what i you would think a dealer would do
i just hate seeing the little guy getting shafted cuz he don't have the money to do all the adds in the local papers and bike traders

just my $.2

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE!