KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

BUYER BEWARE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 05:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUYER BEWARE!

CANNONDALE IS ALLOWING THERE PRODUCTS TO BE BOOTLEGGED BY DEALERS THAT ARE NOT AUTHERIZED DEALERS. I HAVE A FRIEND THAT BOUGHT A NEW CANNONDALE AT CHAMPION MOTORSPORT IN MICHIGAN AND WHEN HE WHENT BACK TO GET IT WORKED ON THEY TOLD HIM THEY COULDNT WORK ON IT BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT AN AUTHERIZED DEALER. THEY DONT EVEN HAVE PARTS FOR THEM NOR CAN THEY GET THEM. HE DID SOME RESEARCH AND IT SEEMS THAT THE PERSON WHO OWNS CHAMPION ALSO OWNS A CANNONDALE DEALER SOMWERE ELSE IN MICHIGAN AND THEY ARE SELLING CANNONDALES AT ALL OF THER OTHER LOCATION IN MICHIGAN. THE REAL PROBLEM HERE IS THAT WHEN A PERSON BUYS A QUAD FROM THEM THEY WONT SERVICE IT. WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS AND RECALLS THAT CANNONDALE HAS THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING. THE WORST PART ABOUT IT IS CANNONDALE KNOWS ABOUT IT BUT THEY WILL DO NOTHING ABOUT IT. BEFORE YOU BUY A CANNONDALE ATV OR MOTORCYCLE ASK IF THEY ARE A AUTHERIZED DEALER AND IF THEY CAN SERVICE IT OR GET PARTS FOR IT BEFORE YOU BUY. IM SURE THIS IS HAPPENING IN OTHER PARTS OF THE COUNTRY TOO.

Old 10-09-2002, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default BUYER BEWARE!

Is it possible that Cannondale knows this and is OK because they have different stores. If I sell to one store than the product should be sold in all the store. Ever hear of Walmart?

It would appear that the dealership in question, need to alleast service the quads and if they have alot of dealerships than only one needs to stock parts if the rest can get the parts from them.

This is not that big of a deal IMHO.

Boot legging is something completly different. That is when you don't have any affileation and get them from someone that does. They have the same owner.

That's the best you could do on your first post?

Smitty

Old 10-09-2002, 06:10 PM
Trailblazer
Default BUYER BEWARE!

SO ITS OK IF YOU BUY A QUAD FROM A DEALER AND THEY CANT SERVICE IT. IF THEY CANT SERVICE IT THEY SHOULD TAKE IT BACK IF ITS BROKE LIKE WALMART WOULD DO. I DONT KNOW ABOUT MOST PEOPLE BUT IF I BUY A $8000.00 MACCCHINE AND ITS BROKE I EXPECT THE DEALER TO FIX IT NOT SEND ME HALFWAY ACROSS THE STATE TO GET WARRANTY WORK DONE OR GET PARTS.

Old 10-09-2002, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default BUYER BEWARE!

As I said earlier this should be corrected. Any dealer can service any make or model of quad. So this isn't a big deal.

Some dealerships started carring the Cannondales and Cannondale quit selling to them. If they still had units to sell they can and should sell them. They would not be an aurthorized dealer though.

Like I said not that big of a deal unless you need warranty work and that can be accomidated.

You can take the CAPS LOCK off now.

Thanks

Smitty

Old 10-09-2002, 06:25 PM
MrP
Pro Rider
Default BUYER BEWARE!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10......

Old 10-09-2002, 06:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default BUYER BEWARE!

I know how your friend feels, I just had the same thing happen in Redwood City California. I bought a 2002 speed and the day after the sale I was told that they were no longer going to be a Cannondale dealer. When I asked about service they told me they did not even have a repair manual for the Cannondale Quad, I had to bring them one from home. They tried to make a minor repair, which was done incorrectly and then they had the nerve to charge me for it. In the mean time I found a great dealer in Salinas, California. Pendant Motor sports not only sells Cannondale, they have a good selection of aftermarket products. I also talked to Cannondale and they advised they were adding a number of new dealers in my area. I still agree it is dishonest of a dealer to sell a Quad knowing that they can't service it and that their not going to be a dealer.

Old 10-09-2002, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default BUYER BEWARE!

SPEED1030,

"I still agree it is dishonest of a dealer to sell a Quad knowing that they can't service it and that their not going to be a dealer."

Once again any dealership can IF it wants work on any quad/bike made it's only a matter of if they want to.

So you think they can't get parts? Cannondale would be foolish not to sell them.

When I sold boats (Wellcraft) we worked on anything that was brought in and ordered parts from other dealers. They where not a Bayline, Searay, and others here dealership.

If the dealership isn't going to continue carring the line that should be said up front. But that all.

IMHO

Smitty

Old 10-09-2002, 09:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default BUYER BEWARE!

This is not a uncomon occurance here in PA Andretti powersports will sell you a polaris quad there franchise is out of newjersey so they will send you 15 miles away to a autherised polaris dealer for any warrenty work they will do service work for the money though. so cannondale is not the only one doing this.

Old 10-10-2002, 12:10 AM
Trailblazer
Default BUYER BEWARE!

quad god there a dealer right i your back yard quadsource look them up im sure they can help

Old 10-10-2002, 09:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default BUYER BEWARE!

Just my .02 worth,

It sounds to me like your friend did not do his homework or was lied to by the dealer. Your Wal-Mart comment I won't even comment on as it's unwarranted and unjustified.

I strongly beleive that you do not beleive what you typed, Unless you are a Liberal. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE!