KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

need help with the fox rear shock

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 11:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with the fox rear shock

quadgod,

Please take your Kasea 50 and go play elsewhere...

Old 10-11-2002, 12:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

I removed the front shocks and the suspension moves freely. Mine also had ALOT of white grease around the bolts and bushings when i got it. Perhaps mine was greased better then most at the factory. I really dont want to pull the front end appart if it wont help. I am wondering if there is somthing wrong with the shocks ??? i weigh 220 and on the softest preload settong if a stand on the front bumper
the front only drops an inch. If i do the same on a 400EX it will drop about 4 inches. Maby there is a break in period for the springs to loosen up. I only have about 4 hours on it now.

Old 10-11-2002, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

Cannondale has no problem selling the Cannibal. Besides, most people upgrade their suspension anyways, and for your $8G you get the most advanced engine and chassis set-up on the market... one helluva bargain!!!

Old 10-11-2002, 02:23 AM
Pro Rider

It was only a thought, mine had the ohins on it, I wonder if the arvins are that much different?????????? but I have to agree with alaska this thing screams [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-11-2002, 12:42 PM
Trailblazer

for your info i own a 02 cannibal with lots of mods and i love it. the only reason i said that is because i think its stupid that they switched to the fox shock. i think if they downgrade the performance that they should drop the price.

Old 10-11-2002, 12:50 PM
Range Rover

Well they add some good stuff too that they didn't have for 02.

Old 10-11-2002, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Fox shocks are probably the easiest shock made to work on.They are rebuildable.Quadgod if you live in the snowbelt all the polaris and arctic cat dealers will be able to revalve or you can even buy a bottle with compression adjustment real cheap.I was hoping they were going to replace the fronts with Fox instead of the back too but they need to make money too.Dont forget you are still getting a handmade quad.They are not made by robots on a assembly line look at the things on them you dont get on others aluminum frame,fuel injection,hydraulic clutch awesome performance.

Old 10-12-2002, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

there are two 2003 red, white and blue cannables at knowsalot's faucility that have the ohlin rear shocks on them. the rear fox shock is not revalvable as far as i know. wayne at pep said he could not do anything with it if it did not have the rebound adjuster which the fox shocks do not. oh well, like everybody says, the stock shocks are history anyway, no big deal. this is still the best quad i ever owned. it absolutly smokes all my buddies big bore honda's and runs on 93 octane!!!!!!!!!!i wish i would have bought one sooner. cain't wait till my new suspension comes in so i can hit the motto x track and get some AIRTIME[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2002, 11:23 AM
Trailblazer

in that case maybe we can get them to sell cannibals with no rear shock for $100.00 less.

Old 10-14-2002, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

Airtime if you want to sell me your rear fox shock for $100 PM me I am serious my quad has the Ohlins but I would love to have the chance to do some mods to the fox shock.
Cannondale offers three different spring rates for the ohlins front shocks they are very reasonably priced and the soft ones will make the front very soft like a 400ex i will do some measuring but I think these springs will fit the arvins also.

Quick Reply: need help with the fox rear shock