KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Great Idea for Cannondale

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 06:50 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Idea for Cannondale

I don't know if anyone else has thought of this, but wouldn't it be great if Cannondale or someone else came out with a direct injection 2stroke bike or quad? Cannondale was my first thought because they do have fuel injection already. Direct Injection is amazing on 2 strokes for anyone who doesn't know: they cut about 90% of hydrocarbons from exhaust, leave little or no unburned oil in the exhaust, slightly increase power and increase fuel efficiency by about 50%. By comparison, they can be as emission friendly as current carbeurated 4strokes. I think this is the answer to the new low emission laws that are coming in 2006.

Old 10-14-2002, 07:24 PM
The Facility

Well, in my opinion, they should be working on a version of the Cannibal equipped with an FCR carburetor and have a price tag in the $5999.95 range.

Just my .02

Old 10-14-2002, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

I agree w/ the both of yall. But the problem with 2-strokes is the fact that tree huggers are narrow minded. No matter how clean they are, the tree huggers will only see 2-stroke and they'll work their asses off to get it banned.

Old 10-14-2002, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

I won't even start on LIBERALS (Tree Huggers). I pissed enough people off already.

Old 10-15-2002, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

It isn't really the issue of emissions that is the major beef of the enviroNazis-- that is just a tool for them to try to resrict our use of the public lands. That is the same reason that earlier the greenies were trying to get the CPSC all fired up about children getting injured on quads. These are ruthless, unscrupulous souls with the end goal to lock up as much wilderness as they can.

dubya1 and YoDaddy, I'm sure that everyone on the boards feels as we do... but you guys are right... even talking about it gets me all pissed off. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

PS- KNOWSALOT... that is a really really good idea... I wonder if C'dale has looked at that option.

Old 10-15-2002, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

Cool Ideas,How do you think a 250r moter would do in a dale chassie?

Old 10-15-2002, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

I want that little sight window on the frame spar for the engine oil! I saw a X440, and that's the first thing I noticed....don't understand why we can't have one!?!?!?!

Old 10-15-2002, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like Knowsalot's idea. Call me old fashioned, but I want a carb to fiddle with and the FI is the only reason I didn't buy a C-Dale to begin with. I know, I know, pull my head out of the sand and see the light! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-15-2002, 12:48 PM
Range Rover

If you went with the carb, you wouldn't be able to stop by your local Amoco for gas. With the 'dale's high compression, you'd be on race gas.

Personally, I'm very happy with the FI and would pick it over a carb anyday. I guess you guys lives aren't busy enough!

Old 10-15-2002, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a less than positive experience with an EFI streetbike in its first year of production, so I have some bad memories that are "clouding my vision". You can say that I will be a late adopter if you will, because I will very seriously consider the C-Dale when the time comes for a new quad in a year or 2. I just wanted everyone else to be the guinea pig this time.

Quick Reply: Great Idea for Cannondale