KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

c-dale or banshee WHich is the fastest?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default c-dale or banshee WHich is the fastest?

efg
thats pretty much what i meant, you just said it in more words than i did.LOL we are going to fernwood tomorrow night to practice. josh is DRIVING, got to remember to take my nerve pills. we gotta go to gonzales and race again, they had 14 quads this past weekend. you see what i posted about avondale. dont like th gonzales track but got to go where the quads are gonna be. later

Old 10-16-2002, 07:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

you can also make a 250 scream. for the price that you pay for a c-dale you can buy either a 250 or banshee and mod them to kill a c-dale. if you doing just straight line drags. buy a r for like 3600.00(just used that price cause thats what i want for mine) then put a psi 425cc powervalve cylinder with an adjustable head on there. that thing makes r's fly. i bet that would kill most shee's and cannondales

Old 10-17-2002, 08:50 AM
Pro Rider

I agree, but remember this no waranty, plus the problem with the 425 psi kit is the tranny and clutch problems, plus any big bore kit has a shorter or expensive life than near stock form engines. I watch Jared Huffman race a 425 psi engine or should I say get towed on one. The engine ran great when it ran, but he had nothing but problems with it. Guess what he is running now a Blaze. BTW for those who aren't into GNCC racing Jared is a pro rider with the #21 plate. He is currently in the pro-production class.

Old 10-17-2002, 01:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have heard only great things about them. if you reinforce you clutch and maybe a couple gears in the tranny it should be fine. i was just saying for the same price you can have a faster bike

Old 10-17-2002, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

That is true. I just would trusted a new manufacted quad over an old one. The 250r is a great quad and still dominates. But look at it this way with that 425 kit you just increase maintance cost just to keep up and beat a cannondale. The r is now at it limit, but the cannondale is just starting. In the next couple of years you'll see big bore kits, more pipes, and tons of other ways to produce more power and speed out of the cannondale. Then the 250r and the rest (today's current models) won't be able to keep up.

Basically if nobody else throws their hat into this new technology cannondale will leave them in the dust.

Old 10-17-2002, 03:56 PM
MrP
Pro Rider

Actually in my opinion if the Banshee could get all of its power to the ground and quit spinning I think it would be a good race and all depend on the rider. BUT it cant so the C-dale stock for stock is faster.

markvette- Have yall raced against Bobby Beach yet at Rock Hill. He is very good at starts and gets his Banshee to moving quick.

efg- There isnt a quad made right now that is faster than the C-dale stock for stock. Probably want be one for sometime either. And by then C-dale will have something even faster.

Old 10-17-2002, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

mrp
no we have not raced against bobby. i have heard a lot about him and that he is super fast on that banshee. i think it takes big ***** to win with a banshee. you have to keep it in the power band and what is that about 10,000 rpm.

Old 10-18-2002, 05:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

i've got buddys who have a dale and it will run a stock banshee until 5th gear but it doesnt take a mile for the banshee to catch it about 1000 feet is all tthen the banshee smokes it. But you can ghange the rev limiter on the dale and make it faster but my friend has had three motors on his dale already (5months old).take you a ds and walk the dog on all of them. You can change the rev limiter on it and sprocket and make it hit triple digites on top end now thats fast with out touching the motor.

Old 10-18-2002, 06:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

take you a ds and walk the dog on all of them. You can change the rev limiter on it and sprocket and make it hit triple digites on top end
LMFAO

Old 10-18-2002, 06:21 PM
Trailblazer

ditto

Quick Reply: c-dale or banshee WHich is the fastest?