KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

avondale race today

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default avondale race today

well i been waiting on mxmike to post this since he gives race results better than me. our 2 day race turned into a one day race because of low turnout. it rained friday night so a lot of people i think didnt show because they was afraid the track was muddy.well it wasnt, it was in great shape. there was 6 quads: josh on the moto mxmike on his speed/moto, motown on his speed/moto, a raptor and 2 banshees. first moto mxmike gets the holeshot but stalls in te first turn with motown stuck behind him. raptor gets the lead out of the turn with josh then mxmike behind him. i think motown was running fourth, josh gets by the raptor in a double after about a half a lap. mxmike gets around the raptor too but not sure where. finish was josh, mxmike, raptor, motowm and then the 2 banshees. second moto josh pulls the holeshot with mxmike and raptor behind him. motown was running fourth or fifth and tried a pass ended up going mudding off the side of the track. finish, josh, mxmike, raptor and 2banshees and then motown.

now the kicker, something you will want rag your dirt bike buddies about. at the intermission between the motos the announcer comes to me and ask if josh will run an exibition race against the fastest bike at the races today. i ask josh and he says sure,well the bike guy chickens out. they come back and say they have 2 other bikes that want to do it. we end up with josh, mxmike and raptor running against a yamaha yz426 and a kawasaki 2 stroke dirt bike. they line up at the gate and we all figure the bikes will get the holeshot, well were we suprised and so were the bikes. josh gets the holeshot with mxmike right behind him then the yz426, raptor and then kawasaki. and guys that is how they finished. josh, mxmike, yz426, raptor,and kawasaki. dudes i love it the dales whooped up on the big dirt bikes and if your buddies dont believe it......i got video. all and all it was a pretty good day and we got home before dark. later guys

oh iforgot
Gaff, i really think your a figmant of my imagination now. do you really race ?

Old 11-17-2002, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

Well I'm one of those guys who stuck my head out at 6am and said your out of your mind if you think I'm going out in that crap. I was just going to drive up and say hello any way. Quad wasn't ready and to much roofing to do. Glad I read this post because I was even thinking of going over later this morning.

You guys are nuts for going out in that cold **** weather just to get wet. It had to be wet, it rained here the hole night.

We were hoping to get there tuesday night if the weather holds out. But if it's as cold as yesterday, I'll just hang out with some Irish coffee because these old bones don't function in that weather for sure.

How many poeple did show up?
I'm glad to see yall down this way, hope it's the first of many trips this way.
Well before you get on me about Fernwood on the 30th, well got a hunting trip that week end so this fat old man is going to stay a figment for that one too.

Old 11-17-2002, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

It was cold but the track was perfect.My clutch went bad on the last motoI will probley be down a while.Im going to take off racing probley till January.Im going to go through
everything on the bike and get it freshened up for next year.

Old 11-17-2002, 07:36 PM
Range Rover

Yeah gaff the track was perfect. Only $4 at the pressure washer to get it clean. After riding at Avondale only $4 to get clean is dam good. Dude you missed the dirt bike vs quad race, it was weird but funny at the same time. Two quads holeshot a 426 dirt bike!!!

Old 11-18-2002, 02:45 AM
Trailblazer

Mark, fernwood race on the 30th? I replied to another thread but I guess you didnt read it.
Same time? If so, I should be there..........prolly watching again (hopefully not)
will you and josh still go after the Loranger injury? (I swear, Loranger is the devil track!)
Thats bike race sounded AWESOME, lol. Im sure they had tons of excuses

Old 11-18-2002, 10:12 AM
Pro Rider

not sure if we will go to fernwood or not. looks like josh will be out for at least 4 weeks but will know more after we see the doctor. as far as the 2 day thing, the way they usually do it is run little bikes on saturday and big bikes on sunday. i plan on calling rogers to find out for sure today.

Old 11-18-2002, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

What happen to josh? Hope he's alright.

I was thinking of your bike vs quad race while roofing yesterday. You all must have been nailing the double coming out of the woods and the one by the highway. These are two spots my lakota just can't do. My suspention is still stock and I can't see investing all that money in to it, already have enough in it.

I have the LT's frame being gusseted now and hope I can get a good suspention to do such obsticles. But thinking about that race, yall must have realy been flying around that track. That track is designed for those bikes to realy open up on, but I haven't seen the improvements they have been doing the last couple weeks either. I hope to atleast bring my son Tuesday night.

Old 11-18-2002, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

he broke his right arm right above the elbow. we went to holeshot yesterday to practice and he came up short on a table top. the quad was sideways and it threw him off then ran over his arm.

gaff the quads were hauling a$$ around that track. josh said it was a real fast quad track. he was running 1:01 to 1:03 lap times.