KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Latest info on the GasGas Quad

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Latest info on the GasGas Quad

Do you know who is doing the controls system for the GG 450??? Just curious to see if GP Controls is branching out at all...

Old 12-06-2002, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

I haven't heard yet. My dealer couldn't find the info when I asked him a while back and I just forgot to remind him. I'll sure he knows by now, because when I asked him he just recieved his first 400 bike that was fuel injected and didn't know if he had the software yet. I know it's the same as what their using on the 400cc dirtbike which in 03 will get the 450cc engine too.

Old 12-08-2002, 05:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

I went to the Gas Gas web site I couldnt see any ATV info up there any liks so I can checkem out.

Old 12-08-2002, 07:03 PM
Trailblazer

The Gas Gas looks GREAT, how can I find more information about it? Cost? dealers? Are they a new company? Are many people riding them? Thanks.

Old 12-08-2002, 07:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Whats up with the directional switch? Or am I wrong? Controlls look like my R6.Quad looks awsome though! Its so nice to see a 2 stroke!

Old 12-08-2002, 07:53 PM
Range Rover

Sandrider,
Ok i called gas gas and they said its no on the one site everyone goes to. Its going to be on www.gasgas.net but the site there curently working on they said a couple more weeks itll be up.

Joelyz,
Well from above this is your answer www.gasgas.net but its not up yet.

Since im talking about gas gas im trying to work something out with the dealer around me im seeing if he can get me one and see if i could kind ofget it cheaper. Because im racing for my 5th year in gncc. And think ts time to buy something new that is going to be probably the best quad out for 2003.

Old 12-08-2002, 08:01 PM
Range Rover

Sorry guys here it is i havnt been there for a wekk but its up ut not in english.
www.gasgasmotos.es/eng/frame.htm

nd if you look on the left it says quad and theres some pics.

Old 12-09-2002, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

Kevin,

What dealer are you talking to? Last I heard my dealer still had one on the showroodm floor (Dover Race Ready Cycles). I hope everything works out for you and hope to see you on one at the GNCC's. What class do you run?

Joelyz & Sandrider,

Kevin is right on the websites for pictures and info. You also check out my pics in my sig. Here is a website for dealers in your area Dealer List If you can't find one close call GaGas Importer and ask them. There number is 1-877-942-7427. Not all the dealers on the list sell the quads so call and maker sure. Also not all the dealers will even get the quad do to limits on them. Goodluck

Old 12-11-2002, 09:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

so did ya get the quad back from gt yet??? how much did gt charge??? what exactly did they do???? when your dealer sent your resume to gas gas did they hook ya up with any sponsership???

Old 12-11-2002, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

I just talked to GT Thunder about the quad. He's got the upper a-arms done and ready to be powder coated. The lowers are cut out and need to be welded up then powder coated. I'll have to call him again tomorrow or friday to find out if it's done or not. Gt Thunder is building me a set of a-arms to narrow the quad up for woods racing (47" wide). He is going to also bolt them on and set-up the front end (tie in, camber, and shock settings for xc racing). He is also going to run a dyno on the machine. Hopefully he'll have it done so I can ride it this weekend and get it ready for next weekends season opening D-11 harescramble.

As for GasGas on sponsorship, I was told that their not going to do anything this year, but maybe next year. At least that's what they told my dealer so no help from GasGas for me. Oh well at least it was worth a try, maybe next year.

Quick Reply: Latest info on the GasGas Quad