KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

some thing i find funny

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 01:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some thing i find funny

ok i been a happy cannondale owner for 6 months . did well on ot got 2nd over all for the year .\
i was a honda owner . and i would pop in and see what probs people were having with ther quads .
all be it every brand i have worked on every brand . OK enuff of my story.

what i find funny is you can go into every brand forum here and theres people with a probs.
but 90% of the post in the cannondale forum are people knockin the quads.
but you don't see people that have quads with probs.

just hit me as funny . you would think being cannondale is such "junk" not alot of probs. are they
and no im not sayin cannondale are junk

what do you think of all the people knockin the dale when we have far less probs. then every brand on here

i just find it funny

Old 01-11-2003, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

The only problem I've had with my Cannibal is a broken clutch cable!!
I drag race it at LS quite a bit and that puts alot of strain on the motor, I'm very happy with it's reliability.

Old 01-11-2003, 03:50 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: motorider7

what do you think of all the people knockin the dale when we have far less probs. then every brand on here

i just find it funny
Good Point!!!!!

Chet

Old 01-11-2003, 04:54 PM
Range Rover

I personally don't find it that funny. I give $6800 for the Cannibal. I will tell you straight up, this quad is a piece of junk. I have had it for 6 months, and I have had a lot of problems. Constant overcharging kept it in the shop for a couple of times, can't keep bolts tight, and the most recent event, took it to the dealer for an oil leak, they put some sort of crankcase vent update on it. Got it home, it got stuck in third gear and then started blowing a mixture of oil and coolant on the way back to the truck.

Took it back to the dealer, they took it apart, said they found five 8mm bolts in the bottom of the tranny. They said it blew a head gasket too.

So, basically, when someone says "Cannondales are junk", what can I do besides agree with them.

Cannondale is supposedly going to send a new engine, but I am going to get rid of it after it is installed. My warranty will be up, and I don't believe the new engine will be any more reliable than the last.

I cant afford to keep this basically brand new quad running without waranty.

BTW, this quad may be 6 mos. old, but I have hardly rode it. It may have 25 hours on it.

I am very bitter about this, and I wish I had never heard of a Cannondale. From my experience with mine, I think they should go back to just making bicycles, before their reputation completely goes under, along with their company.

I envy you people out there who have 250+ hours on your Cannon with no probs.

Old 01-11-2003, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

Black bird,
I think you got what is called a monday quad.It doesnt justify it but I think the workers at cannondale must have had a lot on there minds before they got laid off.Worrying about what was going to happen it seems like the stars and stripe dales have more problems than the rest.I wish there was a way they could make it up to you.Oh well maybe after a year or two you will forget about the power and all the rest of the good things on a dale and you will be satisfied with some other quad.

Old 01-11-2003, 05:54 PM
Range Rover

I know of 2 stars & stripes around here. Mine and my buddy's. We bought them the same day. They are 8 serial #s apart. He rides his alot more than me, and he is on his THIRD engine. I thought maybe he was breaking it in wrong, so I broke in the second engine. It didn't last as long as the first one, started leaking oil, so they replaced it.

I know exactly what you mean when you say I'll forget about the good things. It really sucks to have something that awesome when running, and can't trust it to go riding by myself without getting stranded.

I can't stand to get a EX now that I'm used to the power. So, I think I'll get a 4X4 instead.

Old 01-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

I think it's probably not an accurate representation of actual numbers to use the forums to judge by. I guarantee most of the other sport quads especially raptors and 400ex's outnumber total Cannondales by close to 10 to 1 so if there are 2 cannondales for 20 ex's and 1 of those Dales has a problem and 3 of the ex's have a problem your comparing 50% problems to 15% problems. I'm making up the numbers but my point is there are a lot more of the other quads out there so your going to hear more. I love SparkyEX's Dale and I get a rush every time I ride it and it smokes my bike in every way but he will be the first one to admit he's had his sare of problems and he's had it over a year. I think there on there 3rd model year and I don't think that still working out issues is a problem after 3 model years but I do think by the 5th or 6th the bike should be pretty much bullet proof. Just my .02 I'm not raggin' the Dale but a lot of owners will admit to having problems and Cannondale backing them up with great service.

Old 01-11-2003, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider

I think it's kind of crazy. It seems like C-dales reliability is either black or white... no grey area. People like me have had NO problems that weren't caused by the owner, and other people like blackbird have had nothing but problems.

So far, I've had a broken subframe, blown out rear shock, bent wheels (although the stock C-dale wheels really are lame), bent handle bars, and broken front brake line. Every one of those things were caused by my quad either doing flips or cartwheels down the track because I tend to get a little impatient in a race and take a lot of unnecessary risks. I'd have to say for the abuse and beatings I've put mine through, it's held up extremely well.

It really sucks about the others who've had really crappy luck with theirs. I personnally see Cannondale as a great company but I can see how someone like blackbird would think that C-dales aren't very good. With that kind of luck, I wouldn't ever buy another C-dale either.

Blackbird - Dude, I'm really sorry about your quad man. You should take a look at the Z/KFX 400 man. A pipe, jet kit, filter, and higher rev limit, and I'm sure you'll be more than happy with the power. The Z's feel really good as far as power is conserned, I just don't like the weight balance on them. The slight power difference isn't as noticeable on trails and stuff either. Well, good luck with what ever you end up with man. Just tryin to offer some suggestions on different rides because I'm sure you don't want to hear me say, "Stick with the dale, the next motor should be ok." I wouldn't want to hear that anymore either after that kind of luck.

Old 01-11-2003, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

Blackbird,

How much you selling it for? P.M. Me. Thanks

Old 01-12-2003, 08:50 PM
Trailblazer

all i now is i ride with a bunch of peopel and in the group is a cdale cannoble forgive the spelling i got 3 times more time on my z400 then the guy with a cdale and all i now is his motor blew up will ridding it it spit something out the side of the motor.i to agree they should go back to just making bicyles before there company goes under.i have heard nothing good about cdale *** a hole.

Quick Reply: some thing i find funny