KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

I hope its not true

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2003 | 02:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default I hope its not true

Gentleman, I just got some good news! This isn't concrete so if it doesn't come to pass than don't blame me. The rumor I got is that Cannondale has probably sold the assembly of quads to a company in California with much more capital. They are looking to manufacture the engines overseas to bring the cost down (engines are roughly $5000 alone). And according to the info I got, most of the engineering folks are going with quads. There's some light on the horizon! Hopefully Monday will be some sort of announcement.
I hope this is true, i found it of the boards of people who ride Cannondales (hint, hint)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So this means that our Dale's will be the only ones that were made COMPLETLY here in the USA!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Kind of makes you feel special hua?

Old 01-25-2003 | 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

No regrets in the purchase of the 'dale. I think that as quad riders we all should have been more supportive to the company that was and will continue to make a differance. The bikes have not sold as well as the quads so maybe they can only build quads until the bikers get a clue.

I will be glad when all the rumors have stopped and the future direction is known.

Smitty

Old 01-25-2003 | 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

The only company I can think of based out of california is called Redline they have been attempting to market a snowmobile.Also most of the big three have headquarters in cal Yamaha would be a good guess if it were one of them.I sure hope someone bought them.

Old 01-25-2003 | 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

C-Dale - news http://www.bedfordgazette.com/news/

http://www.timesonline.com/site/news...d=478569&rfi=8

Bankruptcy is not official or even mentioned. It would be here if was true; http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=bike&d=v1

Old 01-25-2003 | 04:26 PM
Trailblazer

Everybody needs to quit jumping the gun and wait to see what really happens.

Old 01-26-2003 | 08:03 PM
Range Rover

Well put, 350mx. None of us want to see things come to an end for Cannondale, and I feel that all of this endless speculation as to their financial state is contributing to the difficulties that they are experiencing. The bicycle division will continue on at the very least, and because of this we should be able to count on replacement parts availability well into the future. All I can say is that anyone who is considering a Cannondale, get out and ride one, and then go and buy the fastest, most high tech quad available. If those of you out there who want a 'Dale dont buy one because of the current problems at cannondale, then, these problems will surely become worse, and then the only way to get one of these great machines will be to buy a used one.

Old 01-26-2003 | 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

Good post diehard,

I'm in FULL support of Cannondale. Yes, times are rough, but this is where you'll see the true character of a company or an individual. Scott would always end his posts in here with "we'll never give up" also. It sends chills through me when I see him post in here. His words always calms down the forum.

Yes Cannondale does have a following, they have some great supporters out there, and they've touched some people. They learned that people WILL spend alittle more for a superior quad. But I don't think they want to stop there. I think they'll strive to the top. The quads really stirred up some stuff this year. They've really turned some heads. I think they just had the bar set too high for themselves in the beginning. This is a HARD smack in the face. The mags always talked about, "When is this Cannondale FX400 coming out?!" They rushed to release the quad and had some early problems. They fixed everything and improved each year. But I wonder with more time, could they have started out with the 2003 version back in 2001? I don't know.

And they've been the first factory to sponsor a race team in along time. That was A HUGE cost with NACS. It got their name out there though. People started to notice Cannondale. Things where really looking good. Each year they've been improving the quad instead of "Bold New Graphics". People where noticing them. Sales was picking up, but they where still loosing money. Naturally a company now a days cannot swallow such a large hit. Look what happened to large corporations that witnessed large hits. They're re-structuring and cutting cost. That's all Cannondale is doing, I believe. Just taking a re-look at what worked the past 2 years and what hasn't. Re-structure the process and move on. Just right now, it looks like they need to dig out of debit and prove to someone they're worthy of a loan to get there.

I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the person that has to make this work for Cannondale, but I know they'll give her one hell of a shot! The "Never Die" attitude of Cannondale is very alive still today, and we'll see it proven in the next couple of weeks.

Old 01-27-2003 | 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

JCV,

I hope your'e right. I was waiting until it got a little warmer around here to go get my C-Dale. I've got the money in the bank all I needed was a little time and now this. This guy Scott, if he's around he needs to post. Somebody from Cannondale needs to post!

so, C'mon Cannondale. Give us some news!

Old 01-27-2003 | 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

I've been following the Cannondale rumors since December.

Everyone loves what C'dale has done for the sport, but who is going to want to buy a quad that will not have any factory support? Not me, for sure.

First things first, if they are planning on staying in business, they need to snuff out the rumors and tell the consumer public their intentions. Unless they do this, and do this soon, they will lose all the momentum that they have made up unto this point.

Old 01-27-2003 | 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

There will be a press release tomorrow...cross your fingers and hope for the best...

Quick Reply: I hope its not true