KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Trinity Racing port and polish/valvetrain experience from hell

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trinity Racing port and polish/valvetrain experience from hell

That is what I was wondering. Do you think maybe the keepers are for another engine such as a 400ex? A mistake that is made in the automotive performance world is mixing 7 and 10 degree locks. The angle on the keeper for most stock engines is 7 degree but most performance retainers are 10.

I agree that this should have been seen. Do you happen to have access to a stock Dale keeper? Check the ones you have against them. Are the retainers new? Most builders send the sheets that come with the came, valves, etc. If you have this info, call the company that made the retainers and ask if they can be used with stock keepers or if they must be changed.

Old 03-14-2003, 09:29 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry to hear of your trouble. I will not be using Trinity! I have been a Gm technician for over 20 years. I also have built some serious engines. I have a 1k horse power engine very close to being ready at work. It sounds like to me they used the wrong keepers. Don't loose them if you are going to try to get compinsated.
The first thing I do after installeng valves is to seat the keepers. This is done by tapping the valve stems with a brass hammer. I'm going to have my cylinders heads modified next year. I'll have titanium valves installed and have some porting done. I'm also going to have the injectors repositioned. I'll be using a high performance machine shop in my home town. That is a good alternitive to anyone needing mods. It's also cheaper. Just make sure they are a good machine shop.
P.S I will spread the word about Trinity.

Old 03-14-2003, 09:36 PM
Trailblazer

I would like pictures. Perrigan6@cs.com

Old 03-14-2003, 10:40 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: UPSIDEDOWN
Don't loose them if you are going to try to get compinsated.
This is the best advice anyone could give.

Old 03-15-2003, 06:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Any updates?? Looks like the wrong keepers to me. I know that with yamaha raptors you use the original keepers when you buy aftermarket springs. Maybe they did not seat them with the brass hammer????

Old 03-15-2003, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

No updates yet....I am not sending any parts into them until I get my new head, sleeve and piston that is being shipped from another dealer. The head is junk, so I have nothing to lose by sending it in. I just doubt I will ever see it or hear anything about it again. I don't trust Trinity Racing or it's work......JIM

Old 03-15-2003, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

Shizel shazel rizel razil...that will be $500 please(I heard thats how trinity ports heads) Its important to wave your hand over the cyl head at the same time...maybe they should try "abra kadabra" Let me know if you need stock Honda parts I know a big tall goofy bastard that works as a parts manager.

Old 03-15-2003, 08:36 PM
Trailblazer

When you send Trinity the parts back, keep one of the keepers. They may try the old switch aroo. If it was me, I would get a lawyer to send them a letter if they refuse to do anything. Only after giving them a chance to redeem themselves. Also I would have them check out http://forums.atvconnection.com/messagepost.cfm?p
I'm the kind of person that takes things personally. With that in mind, I would take my destroyed parts with me to every race I went to. There would be a sign above them that would say "ask me about Trinity Racing"

Old 03-15-2003, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

I think the owner of Trinity racing posts on here and has an e-mail address on his site. If you have given him the opportunity to redeem himself and he hasn't done so then send him the url of this post and I guarantee he will come on here and attempt to defend himself. If he hasn't had the opportunity to fix your problem he will just say you haven't given him a chance to make it up to you. (whether he would or wouldn't is another story but I'm sure he would say that if he wasn't given a chance)

Smitty is one of his personal friends maybe he can help you out.

Old 03-15-2003, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

Where is Smitty? I havn't seen him around in a while. I know he doesn't post near as much as he used to.

Quick Reply: Trinity Racing port and polish/valvetrain experience from hell