KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Trinity Racing port and polish/valvetrain experience from hell

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trinity Racing port and polish/valvetrain experience from hell

All I have done is call Harry and tell him what happened and what I believed through evidence to be the reason. He was quick to throw out a blanket over revving statement at me, which I take as his way of trying to avoid any responsibility. There are just too many things pointing to sub par work here. I mean, the obvious corrosion behind the water pump impeller should have been addressed by all means. This was obvious to see as soon as you took off the cam cover.

I am not sure that I feel like taking long distance legal steps at this point. It is just too bad that it has to come to this at all, in my opinion......JIM

Old 03-15-2003, 11:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider

In the past trinity supporters were fast to support Harry when a customer has problems. They should stand behind there work but you already said he is trying to weasele out. Hopefully you paid with a credit card and can back the charges off. It will cost far more to fix than they charged. After looking at there work it is hard to reccomend them. They claim to have high tech equiptment but i guess no one knows how to use it.

Old 03-16-2003, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider

I'm willing to be Trinity has already lost a good bit of potential business. I remember 14mins was a big Trinity supporter and him saying that he doesn't like their work alone has already made me not wanna take anything to him. Reading this post just settles it that much more. Although, if my quad sells this week like I'm hoping it does, I'll be buying a YZ 250F pretty soon so I wouldn't be going to Trinity anyways.

14mins - Since we never got to race, you wanna run the 250F when I get it? It has twice the power to weight ratio as my C-dale does, so maybe the race would be a little closer. Ofcourse, I've still got a good list of excuses if you beet me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Old 03-16-2003, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider

Smitty doesn't post as much but he's still here on a regular basis. He posted in the "Honda R&D" thread I'm in just yesterday or the day before.

Old 03-16-2003, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

I changed jobs a while ago and haven't been as active as I was during the summer.

Now on to the question at hand.

What happened to the head? Nobody knows for much at this time. Where the keepers the wrong one?

If Harry asked about the over-rev, that's would be a pretty blanket statement, It's the first question I ask after something breaks. Unless someone who knows these heads looks at the parts and placement of the keepers, it will be hard to place blame.

After you talked to Harry what did he say? "Send it in" right? Well he probably wants to inspect the head first. If you don't trust him first send it to someone else and have them evaluate and do a FAILURE ANALIZESE on the parts. Don't give them any information on who did the work, as personal bias may raise it's head.

I have had no problems with my Speed after Harry and Trinity worked on it.

Smitty

Old 03-16-2003, 04:57 PM
Range Rover

JIM,
sorry to hear about your troubles.i use to use trinity.they built my 250r and i put it throuhg hell for 3 years.i sent it back to them last summer for a new big bore kit.waited for ever and heard all the sickness excusse to.well,when i put it back together they sent the wrong piston.everyone knows the 88 is a long rod. they sent me another one.WRONG one again.charged my credit card for the picton and shiping again.now im realy mad.it lasted half a race .i went step by step on the break in period.i really like my curtis sparks pipe.i think i will let him build my next one!

Old 03-16-2003, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate your sentiments. I will be sending in my parts to Trinity for Harry to look at. I don't expect anything, but before I can take any further legal action, I need to give him a chance to make things right. Have any of you with problems from Trinity reported to the Better Business Bureau? That will be a step taken among others depending on how my situation is handled......JIM

Old 03-16-2003, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer

This may sound stupid, but how do you over rev with a rev limiter?

Old 03-16-2003, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

I'm stumped.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2003, 01:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider

air- honest opinions are all anyone ask for....

MXdale- bring it on!!!

Quick Reply: Trinity Racing port and polish/valvetrain experience from hell