KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Trinity Racing port and polish/valvetrain experience from hell

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 02:30 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trinity Racing port and polish/valvetrain experience from hell

Air- Your first intelligent post in a long time. Yes everyone will screw up from time to time. It is how the problem is resolved that makes the company. You yourself say they have some idiots working there. well those idiots may not have worked on your motor but they will work on others. I would rather use a small shop that one person does all the porting like Sparks or craycraft or mickey dunlop. You are assured of a more consistent product. All three of those i mentioned take pride in there work and IT SHOWS with the END PRODUCT. Trinity has not keep up with the times. Maybe Harry needs to remember how he started and go back to doing it that way. I used to have a few employes a few years back, the biggest problem i had was quaility of the work done. It is better to stay a little smaller and do things right. There are less screw ups that way too. To be honest here it looked like they spent 45 minutes porting and polishing my raptor head and who knows who did it.

Old 03-18-2003, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

Airraptor,

I only answer my phones 3 hours a day in order to get as much work done in the shop in order to keep my turn around times as short as possible. This also allows me to do quality work without being interrupted by the phones. In those 3 hours, I answer on the average of 30 phone calls which gives the average caller 5 minutes. Some take 10-15 minutes some take 2-3 minutes. I have been working the phones for 20 years talking to customers about their engines and mods that should be done. I also can tell whether somebody really wants the information on my products or whether they are fishing around wasting my time. If I sense they are doing that, then, yes, I probably get short with them. You, however, admitted to taking up 20 minutes time taking valuable time away from other customers that do want to get through. So why are you surprised at my attitude for you wasting my time? I run a very efficient business that's why I only answer phones 3 hours a day because that's all the work I can handle. A serious customer can talk to me as long as needed to make sure he gets the right product.

Old 03-19-2003, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

Airraptor,

I can understand why you didn't buy anything from me because you clearly didn't understand me. Why would I ask for money before I would talk to you? That's totally insane. If I am building a motor, I get 1/2 the money down when I receive the motor and the balance before I ship it back. If you were just buying parts I wouldn't ask for money down. Secondly, I have no idea what you are talking about as far as lengthening the rod. We run stock rod lengths - they are heavy duty and they are not Carrillo's.

Old 03-19-2003, 09:09 AM
Pro Rider

Hey, Airraptor;
How about using the PM feature to bicker back and forth instead of turning my serious thread into a gripe session on how you were wronged? Thanks, JIM

Old 03-19-2003, 11:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Jim, have you sent the head into Trinity yet? Any word back from them?

Old 03-19-2003, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

Airraptor,

Why do you keep insisting that you weren't stealing my kits? I never accused you of this - do you have a guilty conscious or what? I am not mad at you for not buying my kits. I only get on here to straighten things out and the more you talk the worse it gets. It wasn't the Suzuki people that taught me about the spark plug reading, it was the Kawasaki technicians. My velocity stack has always cost $10 - not $20. The only thing that broke in the 721 stroker article was the rear swingarm where we lenthened it. The problem is you get all the facts screwed up and I am trying to keep them straight. If you called and you sounded like you didn't know what you were doing I probably didn't want to sell you anything. There are certain people that shouldn't have high performance parts because it will only cause problems in the long run because they don't know what they are doing.

Alaska400EX,

Sorry for taking up space on your forum.

Old 03-19-2003, 10:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider

LOL

I took me a year to see the light, i guess i am a little hard headed. I went thru a lot of old post and Mickey Turned out to be right way more than wrong. Going thru old post sometimes is pretty entertaining.

Old 03-20-2003, 10:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Time is up. It is the next day somewhere.

Old 03-21-2003, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

First of all I never check PM's unless I log in as I have done here. The best thing I can tell you is just don't talk about me at all on the forums and you won't have any more problems with me. I think there are more important things going on in my life and the world to bother with petty stuff like this.

Old 03-22-2003, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

Do you not understand English? What is so hard about taking your whining out of my thread? JIM

Quick Reply: Trinity Racing port and polish/valvetrain experience from hell