Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

How do we make a fine?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003 | 02:51 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default How do we make a fine?

Ok I live on a farm and I am frinkin tired of all the trash on our fields!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG this makes me extremly P.Oed! I feel like going to congressman R.P(richard pombo, our states congressman) and tell him put fines for littering on ag fields! Who agrees with me? Please tell me if this topic should be moved

Old 06-05-2003 | 06:23 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

What about existing laws against littering? Why make new ones. Use the existing ones.

If it's a problem with your Law Enforcement not doing anything, well, you'll still have that problem.

Everyone always wants to make a NEW law. Just use what is already there!

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-05-2003 | 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

In California you can't "just shoot "em" as you like
or can you?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2003 | 02:14 AM
|
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
What about existing laws against littering? Why make new ones. Use the existing ones.

If it's a problem with your Law Enforcement not doing anything, well, you'll still have that problem.

Everyone always wants to make a NEW law. Just use what is already there!
No what i am saying is I want to put up a fine sign right next to my fields, Like a $100 fine for littering. Its just that not enough littering fine signs are up around agric. fields

Old 06-06-2003 | 08:02 AM
Pro Rider

Maybe you farmers are more in need of the standard "guy and a shovel w/dirt" construction sign that reads: (for your local 'plant' enthusisasts)

You 'grow' here
You 'die' here

..........Some things are better kept 'simple' [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-08-2003 | 03:15 PM
Trailblazer

California already has a $1000 max fine for littering. The problem is too many a-holes find it easier, and cheaper to go out in the middle of the night and dump their trash in some rural area, than take it to a dump.

You can't blame the cops. They can't be everywhere, and they have their hands full with all the other crap they have to deal with.

I live in the Central Valley too. I have noticed all the trash dumped along back roads and on peoples property. It's unbelievable. I used to drive by a small patch of property just outside of Riverbank. Many people were using it to ride on. The problem was all the midnight dumping going on. When the cops cracked down guess who got busted? The people riding during the day, not the a-hole dumpers. Now the area is posted and has a huge trench dug around it.

My suggestion is to make up some of your own signs and post them around your property. Go out a few nights and try to catch them in the act. Get their license plate #'s and report them. You may get lucky.

Old 06-08-2003 | 04:29 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

We were riding yesterday on a powerline road. A guy was dumping trash, but I didn't realize it until I had already passed him. By the time I circled back to get his liscense #, he had already taken off.

Old 06-09-2003 | 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

Put up a sign that is similar to THIS!

Old 06-10-2003 | 08:20 AM
Pro Rider

Love it, Mike.

I believe we need more signs of the 'no b.s. variety' all over this country when it comes to our sport. I don't care if we have the manpower for enforcement right now.................but I think some of these punk kids need to be reminded that they aren't the only ones out there and maybe have them pucker up a little when they DO see the law or a landowner.

Kids and adults feel that whatever penalty there is for screwing up............it can't be all that bad.

This has got to change right up to the point of impoundment with no return. As the sign says.........do what you will............but if we catch you........your a$$ is ours.

John

Old 06-10-2003 | 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

We see alot of trash dumping in Pa too.

Just last year someone dumped a garbage bag outa there truck in front of my parents farm. My dad let his dog out in the morning to take a crap. The dog found the garbage bag and started tearing into it and got hit by a car and killed, this dog was my dads favorite thing in the whole world. My dad dug though the garbage and found bills with the guys name and address on it - he paid him an immediate visit but wouldnt beat his ***, I myself wait a whiles so they dont know what hit them, or why.

Quick Reply: How do we make a fine?