Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

What does it mean when...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 11:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does it mean when...

trees are pushed over across the trail. Is it there to stop debris from sliding all the way down the mountain? or are they for preventing people from going through? I was riding on a snow mobile trail, so I didn't think it was for preventing access. Has anyone eve run into this?

thanks.

Old 06-30-2003, 11:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

I talked to a landowner a couple of weeks ago. I was asking for permision to ride on the trail. He said no and told me was going to block it off with logs, I warned him that it would create a bigger problem, because they would go around and tear up more property. He appearently didn't think so and did it. Last week when I checked to see if it was blocked it was and the atv's had gone around them and now instead of a high and dry trail, there is a sh*% hole and ruined land... I would advise you to check out the area and use your head and common sense. If it looks intentionally blocked, turn around and not create a scene of it. It will be even harder for someone like me, who is out getting permission for our club to have permission granted than it would have been. Thanks.

Old 07-01-2003, 11:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, that makes sense. I acutally did turn around and took another trail, don't want anyone to be pissed off at me in the middle of the woods. Last thing i need is to have some redneck chasing me with a sawed off. Keep doing the good thing you do for the sport.

Old 07-13-2003, 02:09 AM
Range Rover

Call 1-800-MOTO-USA with those part #'s and they probably have them in stock.

Old 07-27-2003, 01:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Speaking of guns, just after I got my drivers license, me and a few friends went ATV riding and knew it was posted but went on it anyway. Before we went though, people told me about the crazy man that owns it, well doesnt own it but watches over it, but anyway, we went riding back in the property, had to open a couple gates to get back in there ha ha.. Well, we were riding on the land for a while before I saw my one friend go flying away on his dirtbike and i looked at my other friend and I saw some guy with a gun walk up to him. Well we got all through the yelling and everything, made up a bunch of stuff to get away from the crazy man. But with my bad luck and everyone elses, the crazy man knew where the one kid that we were riding with lived so he sent the cops to his house. Then we all got busted. I had to call the cop after school the next day and I told him all about what happened. The cop said that someone, on my way home that day on ATV, called in a complaint to the police about me and my friends riding on township roads. Well I got in trouble for that too. I lied to the crazy man with the gun too.. I told him I didnt have any identification on me, which I did, I made up a fake name for myself, I told him my mom was in the hospital and I had to go see her. But overall, we all ended up getting out of it because the crazy man had a gun with him. So just take my advise and never ride somewhere where you know is posted.