Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

this is BS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 05:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this is BS!!!

Gawd, you guys have it tough back east.

we cant ride on the roads, spark arresters are required always, and an ATV sticker is required $10/year. That's about it. Beyond that, you are on your own.

But they love to close all the riding areas for 'fire danger' even tho quads and bikes are required to have spark arrestors, but not cars and trucks!
I cant ever remember a forest fire started by an OHV of any kind. But i've seen several started by the hot catalytic converters on cars and trucks!
no fair!!!

HEY JUNKIE: go get that videotape! and show it to the judge. The law is supposed to be applied equally. You might even call a local TV station and talk to them about it. Maybe there's an interesting story there they might want to pursue.....cool, huh? LOL

Old 09-08-2003, 01:17 PM
Range Rover
Default this is BS!!!

raptor8 - what kind of jobs do you have out there in oregon? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I can't speak for other states in the NE, but NYS is bad. They require us to register our quads with the DMV (yes, I have a NYS license plate on mine), originally promising that the $$ (or half of it) would go to creating a trail system. They pulled the plug on their promise, but left the registration fees. We've given them over $8,000,000 so far and got nothing in return except hassles because of the influence of eco-*****. Only about 30% of quads are registered. Maybe if they kept their promise, closer to 90% would be registered and they'd have many more millions of $$. Check out my gallery - I did a little 1-page presentation on this.

Old 09-09-2003, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default this is BS!!!

NO JOBS: I've been out over a year and getting desperate! if you can live on 6.90/hr and no benefits, then this is the place for you. it's nuts. and the govt acts like it YOUR fault! heck, I got laid off.

We have PLENTY of riding areas..theyre all closed right now for fire danger, but should be open in a month. Our money does go to trails systems plus we volunteer a lot of time to help out.

Oh i you have a class A drivers license, commercial there are plenty of truck driving jobs....but that and motels and burgers is about it...

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/centralorego...ps/index.shtml

theres a link to the areas riding. hey if you hit the lottery, this is a great place to live! otherwise, it sucks.

Old 09-10-2003, 10:32 AM
Range Rover
Default this is BS!!!

geez. "Oregon ATV Funds at Work" - how nice that is to see. contrast your link to this:
http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dle/faq.htm#boat

That's all we get. Our land is divided into regions and they hold a public meeting every few years. ATV use is routinely denied. example:
http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/reg4/leather5.html

They've even made press releases denying our use of the land!
http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/p...l/2002x70.html

I'll put Oregon on my list of retirement places to check out (in 30 years). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2003, 03:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default this is BS!!!

Wow it seems like they just flat dont want you there at all! thats nuts!

http://www.oohva.org/

we have the largest USFS riding area in the lower 48 about 20 miles from here. 110,000 acres, 318 miles of trails, 4 campgorunds, all free.
It's closed right now cuz of the fires but everything you ever wanted to do is there, except dunes. They are 108 miles away hehe!

I guess you guys need to orgganize somehow and get a politician on your side. maybe the ATVA can help you. good luck!

Old 09-15-2003, 07:50 PM
Range Rover
Default this is BS!!!

I never ride double!!!! Get ya own DAM quad!

Old 09-16-2003, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default this is BS!!!

I bought a "doggie pad" for my rear rack so riding double is a bit more comfortable. I will say it is a bit more unsecured for the passenger. So when one comes to unsettling terrain, just get back down on the seat. I like my girl on back, but its nice to be able to relax on open strectches. Note, I DO NOT travel more than 10 to 15 mph off road, especially when doubling. I have read alot of posts about all the atv injuries and I am going to say that 90 % plus are from high speeds and trick riding. There are exceptions to this I KNOW, but USUALLY that is the case. Now I know Im preaching to the choir about all this but I have to vent somewhere. Now here is an example of an exception that caused a serious injury:

A friend of mine is riding along say 15 mph on a trail and a deer jumps out of the woods right in front of him, like almost on top of him. He swerves and is headed toward a hill and instinctively sticks his foot out toward the bank and gets his leg snapped into. Well, things happen. Nobody said everything would be flower gardens. You could get rearended at a redlight by a semi too. Life means taking risks. But if you are responsible your probably gonna be ok.

I do like the two up atvs by bombadier though. Im gonna give them some time for problems to crop up and to see what happens to the atv branch of bombadier before I go out and buy one... I see artic cat has one now too. I hope this trend spreads.

Old 09-16-2003, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default this is BS!!!

well i dident realize it was illigal ive had a pretty close incident with riding double but it would of been the cars falt that was going to fast for the corner and came into my lane luckily i caught it outta the corner of my eye and swerved just in time to save us both. that would of rouined my day. ouch.
that is one manufactures recomendation i try to abide by. its not just indangering your own life but others also