Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

So. Calif.-New SVRA in Riverside Co.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 10:33 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So. Calif.-New SVRA in Riverside Co.

The August CORVA newsletter says there will be a new State Vehicular Recreation Area, somewhere in Riverside Co. It doesn't say exactly where. Anybody have any info??? (behind my house, please!)

Old 08-21-2003, 12:47 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last nasty rumor I heard/read was somewhere in Box Canyon 60 just east of Moreno Valley out in the Badlands. Also just read on Cycle News that the fees for areas up here in the dez are being reviewed and hopefully adjusted/repealed. I'll keep my ears open. Haz

Old 08-21-2003, 12:59 AM
Red Rider

I'm not sure Box Springs Canyon has enough room?? When I think of an SVRA, I think of something pretty good size, with campsites, etc.. Nice and close to home though. I live right over the hill.

I was imagining out by Murrieta or Hemet or Temmecula??? Lambs Canyon?? Beaumont?? Lake Mathews?? (dream on). A lot of possible places have just to much development nearby. The article said they had already spent 8 million on land. And, they would like to name it after Malcom Smith.

Old 08-21-2003, 01:12 AM
Trailblazer

Too bad they can't just acquire the land De Anza used to occupy...then add to it. I'll keep my eyes peeled. Haz

Old 08-21-2003, 01:22 AM
Red Rider

Haz-Where do you ride up there? A friend just moved to Oak Hills from Orange Co. We ride right from his house (out by the electrical transformers). We are trying to scout a route up to Pinnacles from his house. Any suggestions??

Old 08-23-2003, 12:21 AM
Trailblazer

I am east of the power station by about 1 mile. There are many routes to get up to the Pinnacles, Silverwood, or pretty much anywhere else you wanna go out here...but there's a catch. Hesperia Sheriffs have XR 400s and are actively poaching the Honda Valley area (SouthEast of the powerplant by 1 1/2 miles) They aren't cutting anyone any slack either. If you head south from your buddies house, there are many legal Forest Sevice trails on the other side of the tracks. If you're a gambler, cut through Honda Valley and the Forest is at your disposal. I will ask a few of my buddies who regularly make the run to Arrowhead from Oak Hills how they are getting there unscathed. Haz