Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

City makes family cave

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004 | 11:25 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default City makes family cave

In an article in todays Dallas Morning news ... The family that built a bumpy riding track on there own 7 acres of land for there own private use decided ( with help from city attornies ) to bulldoze the track flat. The city of Parker admitted the family was not breaking a law.
The City of Parker will probably pass a 75db. noise law too. All of their atvs met the current Texas noise law of 85 db.
The neighbors complained. Negative publicity concerning ATVs are causing Nationwide fingerpointing even if no laws are broken.
Think about this... are you still unwilling to join and send a little money to a large organization that will fight for us ?
My wife and I are members of Blue Ribbon Coalition, ATVA, Shared trails Alliance because we like to ride and want to help ALL of us.
Sarge

Old 01-14-2004 | 12:15 PM
RIP Dear Friend

There has to be more to this story that we are not privie too.

How long was the track there?

Old 01-14-2004 | 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RAPTORYFM660r
There has to be more to this story that we are not privie too.

How long was the track there?

The length of the track is not important and neither is what machines or how loud etc.

The isssue here is how easily we as americans are stripped of our rights.

Our group as a whole is pittyfull when it comes to being organised and politics, and therefore we are an easy target for anyone who just prefers we go away.

Do you think this would happen if instead of a family this was a large corporation that was upsetting their neighbors? I doubt it and especially if they funded the current elected officials.

Look at the big picture here and not just ATV's but our everyday lifes and how their affected by our typical fat and happy life styles. Wouldnt you give additonal taxes or restrictions to people who are willing to ignore there loss and be content with what they have?

Wake up people and get involved before you not only dont have a place to ride, but cant have anything to ride because big brother needed that money and you dont have it.

Think that sounds crazy then ask or look at how many mothers are working today, and how the family as a whole isnt any better off than when just the father worked generations ago. Think this happend by accident? Think it was part of how the family was going to loose controll of its own children or destiny? Was the family with two working parents somehting that happend due to people wanting the better things, or was it part of some plan to up root the one very thing that held many people together and gave them strength (damn if thats true did it ever backfire with all the school shootings etc). Well dont ask me as I dont know but there are many who believe this to be true and have some interesting points to make their claim etc.

Maybe it would be easier if we all just got involved and put our time and money where our mouth is etc and then we could each make a difference.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm

Old 01-14-2004 | 03:19 PM
RIP Dear Friend

After doing a little search, its called urban spraw and the owners of this property didn't have a chance unless everyone around them enjoyed quads or they had deep pockets for lawyers fees.

Parker, Texas

about 20 minutes of Dallas and 45 minutes from Fort Worth. The average home built in the last three years has been over 3,000 square feet and are valued at over $200,000

Blue Ribbon Coalition, ATVA, Shared trails Alliance is not going to defend 7 acres in an urban area.

Old 01-15-2004 | 03:58 AM
Pro Rider

Yea your right screw those people and what they find happiness in on their own property [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Its like when absolute morons move next to a drag strip and then complain about the noise and how it lowers their property values. All I can say if helloooo dip **** why did you move there etc.

Talk to a old timer etc and hear about when your propertly was yours to do what you want etc.

I understand "sprawl" very well and its like a cancer. No good.