Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

What to do

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004 | 08:14 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default What to do

i live in lasalle, mi. some lil ghetto town by the border of ohio. a few months ago i was ridin in the trails that i have been in for years with some friends and the cops came out there and told us all that wed b in deep um... crap if we ever came out there again, cops can only b in one lil part of the trails and they only come out there like never, should i start ridin out here again or stay away like the cops told us?

Old 01-22-2004 | 09:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default What to do

I'm disturbed that you even have to ask.....if the police asked you to stay away then stay away....otherwise you'll be here whining about how they gave you a ticket or fined you or something of that nature....

Why do so many have such little respect for the law?

I'm not trying to be a pr*ck but use your head.....find out who owns the land and work with them in order to be allowed to ride there. Sometimes that's all it takes is a simple "May I?"

To get respect ya gotta give respect.

Old 01-22-2004 | 10:07 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default What to do

i agree with u for all that but the cops dont even know whos property it is to b tellin ppl not to ride there and it was most likely for noise bcuz i was ridin a 2 stroke 125 dirtbike at the timeand so were the two other ppl i was with, my 400 is way quieter so ppl wont even complain, no one else has ever gotten told not to ride out there

Old 01-22-2004 | 10:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default What to do

Call the police station and ask them if that is a restricted riding area. If they dont know call the county attorney. That is what I would do. Also ask the police who owns the area. If they don't know go down to the courthouse and check the county records (if your state operates like mine) they will most likely assits you with the look up.

Bob

Old 01-22-2004 | 11:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default What to do

County courthouse should be able to help you out or if you can befriend a real estate attorney they can find the owner pretty quick

Old 01-23-2004 | 12:44 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default What to do

k thanks