Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Howard Dean wants to ban atv riding?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004 | 01:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default Howard Dean wants to ban atv riding?

So by coming down hard on the top 1% you are coming down hard on me and my family
no one is coming down on you. the democrats lump this together. i was was just repeating it for sarcasm.
im glad you worked hard and make a good living - i wish that for everyone. truth is that democrats think that if you make x number of dollars they lump you into that category as the richest 1% and want to tax the carp out of you. its basically a punishment for working hard and earning more than others. i think its bullcrap. im not trying to politsize this but hey- if we sit back and do nothing and vote this guy kerry in- then we are screwing ourselves. b/c there will be no place to ride, the industry will dry up again. ther is no way not to politisize this because this election will effect us all.

Old 02-20-2004 | 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

thats why we have to keep guys like kerry out of the white house , there the ones taking away the morals of the country .there the ones that are taking the pledge out of our schools and replaceing it with how to use a condom !! oh and for sure don't let our kids know that absentance is a 100% effective in birth control .oh yea lets not forget can't hurt johnnys self esteem , sorry a kid is not dumb they know when thry are failing , so lets just lower all the standards so no one fails . WRONG WRONG lets raise the standards and push our children and let our country rise to the top . i'm sick of hearing how america is falling behind the rest of the world !!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
say spudss i'd like to thank youfor also serving our great country , but folks lets keep people like kerrry out of office !!!!!!!!!

Old 02-20-2004 | 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

Deanz400,
I couldnt agree with you more...Thats what I was talking about.....Kerry is the biggest tree hugging clown Ive seen in a while (since Al Gore) Our great Nation is getting destroyed from within...Idiotic people are killing us...

Old 02-20-2004 | 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

did anyone see the ozzy thing about ATVs on the news tonight? if you think its BS, give me a hell yeah! and also go here and tell them intelligently what you think:

primetime email

Old 02-20-2004 | 03:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

DITTO TO THE SSG DEAN FROM INDIANA

Old 02-20-2004 | 12:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: twentycharacters
So by coming down hard on the top 1% you are coming down hard on me and my family
no one is coming down on you. the democrats lump this together. i was was just repeating it for sarcasm.
im glad you worked hard and make a good living - i wish that for everyone. truth is that democrats think that if you make x number of dollars they lump you into that category as the richest 1% and want to tax the carp out of you. its basically a punishment for working hard and earning more than others. i think its bullcrap. im not trying to politsize this but hey- if we sit back and do nothing and vote this guy kerry in- then we are screwing ourselves. b/c there will be no place to ride, the industry will dry up again. ther is no way not to politisize this because this election will effect us all.
I know you were not coming down on me, I didn't word that well...sorry. I just wanted to make a point to those who don't know that the top 1% of earners are not necessarily rich. It's a phrase the Democrats love to use "wealthiest 1%" to make voters believe that taxing the cr@p out of hard working people like myself is somehow justified. As you well know, it is not.

As for Kerry and our right to ride....I sincerely hope no body comes on the forum crying that their riding area is being shut down if they cast a vote for Kerry.

Old 02-20-2004 | 01:39 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Problem is :
Only a small percentage of Americans actually vote. A smaller percentage of young Americans vote.
You can not find a candidate to take care of all you needs. that would be a perfect world, we are far from that. I use to be inder this illusion.
Bush is by far the best candidate for me and most like minded people.
My reasons:
1) He will go after the terrorists, no one else will. He might be doing it for other reasons than you or I think he should, but the fact remains, he is hunting those bastards down. Not waiting for them to come here.
2) He believes Regan and JFK had the right idea about the economy: Give the people their money back and let the ecomony grow, its working.
3) He is willing to explore our own land to find energy sources so we can become less reliant on the middle east. Its not up for debate that the landscape suffers from drilling and exploration, its just that the Dems want other countries to have those problems, not us. Was that clear? Bush also granted the auto makers alot of $$$ for alternative fuel vehicles.
4) I support his admin. not signing the Kyoto treaty, they have got some heat for it, but only by close minded ignorant fools, who do not understand that Kyoto allows India and other countries to actually increase their pollution out put.

I do have issues with alot of his policies, but I am not a immigrant, my job is not in jeopardy of being taken by a immigrant. I am concearned about deficit, but what do you do? You can't support the war on terror, but expect it to be free. There are more, those are just two examples.

Every one must weigh the issues that pertaint to hem the most, and see what candidate will do the best for them.
Get off your butt and VOTE!

Old 02-20-2004 | 01:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KGB
Get off your butt and VOTE!
The general public's vote for president means nothing.

Old 02-20-2004 | 02:08 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Gary, I respect you alot, but why would you try to get people not to vote?
I can't respect that, no matter what your reasoning is.

Old 02-20-2004 | 02:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KGB
Gary, I respect you alot, but why would you try to get people not to vote? I can't respect that, no matter what your reasoning is.
Don't get me wrong....we need everyone too vote and have the people in place that WE ALL want....everywhere but the presidency anyways. The general public's vote for president means nothing....well it means that is the general publics opinion. Electoral votes are what elects a president. WHat does this mean? Obviously, the general public is perceived as being too dumb too properly elect a president. Later gentlemen.

Quick Reply: Howard Dean wants to ban atv riding?