Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

this is bad! real bad!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004 | 09:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default this is bad! real bad!

is this america gravil?Sounds like Russia an china?Cant ride on ya own land an people a dopes to except that.If some 1 told me couldnt do something on my own property Id chug a steve weiser an tell em to go stick it....

Old 03-07-2004 | 06:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I read a lot and dont reply much because of my limited time to spend on the net...

But you have sparked me to at least respond on this topic. Please bear with me here...

Not to plug any websites - Harry Browne has run for president the last 2 times and unfortunately the masses have ignored him both times and he now has realized he was insane to even run because he doesnt belong in d.c. because he is a patroit and not a crook...

If you want your rights to stay in place... or maybe get a few back... read these sights listen to his programs and join the party-- I saw one other person post something about the libertarians....

Unless more patriots wake up and smell the coffee and start waking other people up in this country honestly I feel that our ATVs and riding lands are going to be one of the last things on your mind... because for one you wont be free enough to ride anymore... when we are living in china or russia like someone said

All of this surely is just the begining...

did you know the 1/3rd of the national budget this year (the budget was over $2,400,000,000,000) is being paid to foriegn banks in intrest alone??? yet at the same time, we give yearly handouts to some of the governments of these same countries for "aid" ???

As Far as atvs...

*****My 9 year old son even gets the idea that ATVs get people in the outdoors which causes them to care about the outdoors... Why cant a 50+ year old lifetime politicians figure that out???

*****Check out the new issue of dirt wheels (I think it is dirt wheels might be a diff mag..) they have an article on how california has $17mil appropriated for OHV use for the trails etc... all the money is directly collected via registration fees etc and extra tax on fuel for ohv etc. and guess what?? They are using the money to do positives..open new trails etc right--- NOOOO!!! they just want to take the money and use it for more gestapo law enforcement and hand out tickets to riders in california...not to help the sport...or open more areas and make them groomed and safe for familys to ride in.......

so ATVers get stuck with having their own tax revenue used against them to cost them even more money in the long run...
just wonderful.

anyway check out these sights:

www.americanlibertyfoundation.org

www.harrybrowne.org

give it a open mind and see how that could work.

Neither the democrats or the republicans.. nor any politician in America or Canada either for that matter care about your riding lands or your quads or anything to do with your family or your happiness- they all just care about their lives, their jobs, and getting your vote even if they have to lie to get it....

oh-----and getting the quad manufacturers involved will work to keep riding lands open.. sadly-not for the right reasons...but.. They have the ability to lobby and complain to washington that people will no longer buy their products so they will lose money and the government will lose their business tax revenue, and in turn, also the sales tax revenue and registration fees from us as well will be lost. Thats enough of a reason for a DC crook to care...

just figured I'd give you guys my .02
thanks...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2004 | 10:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

People need to realize that they cant count on the" free" areas to ride close to home. You cant get bent out of shape when someone decides to sell there land (usually for good profit) that you have been riden for a long time, it is still there land to do as they please. I enjoy ridin and do it as much as possible but if I owned land I cant say I would allow others to use the property due to liabilty. I believe there will become less and less public use land for us and when you find public land it will be farther away from local areas. People who do enjoy riding areas really need to find ways to get involved and show support for our interests to show lawmakers the huge demand for trails systems from responsible people.

Old 03-08-2004 | 08:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

I understand what you are saying but you mean private lands not public lands.... We all pay taxes which are supposed to allow for free usage of approved public lands. Publically owned - the ones Mr Kerry feels you shouldnt be able to ride even on approved trails because you and your 'lobby' (The ohv industry and the hunting industries) wont pad the democratic pockets.

Its to bad because Teddy Roosevelt made the greatest strides and opened millions of acres of federal lands to the public 100 years ago and he was a huge enviromentalist, and hardcore hunter... Surely he would be sad to see any of this land not allowing the public to access it... but like I said before todays politicians only worry about themselves.. not the 'public' unless it can get them the majority of the votes...

With private land - I agree with you - In this day and age nobody is forced to take responsibilty for their own actions anymore and there is a lawsuit waiting around every corner. lf my yard was large enough for people to ride on I would be concerned with the liability issue too...and honestly dont know if I would have anybody that I didnt know ride on it...only the landowners have a say so in private land... and I respect that - they paid good money for their land...

The local snowmobile club in my area has a 1 million dollar insurance policy that covers all the landowners that give permission for their club to use their land in case of a accident... That calmed people a bit and pretty much they all give permission... unfortunately most dont feel the same about atv's several of the properties have "no ATVs or Dirtbikes" signs too... surely that is because we are not covered by that insurance policy...

Old 03-08-2004 | 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

sad to say buffalo bill if 911 didnt wake people up or the lies of NAm didnt.Nothing is gonna wake us up tll ts too late.Was thinkin bout that w the cops,our own tax dollars being used against like we are crminals,Now I know if they wanna shut land up an down ,NWo what ever u might call it there is enough cops an rangers to patrol not to mention satellite imaging an military has infra red an ammonia sensors.I thnk the bg 4 dont care an wont care.Honda wants us all to ride on a track I guarent dam T It,.Be great for them to be numero uno on a track where theyve always belonged an want to be.SOmeday maybe we can get together BB for a weekend an go riding or something I live in NJ.My aunt lives in Inlet,but dont know how the rangers or police or there.a few years ago they wanted to pull some bs w the adirondacks make every 1 sell turn it into a UN controlled yellowstone an the people said NO NO NO to this BS.They were trying to do this n west Virginia too an if the goverment does it an gets away w it well all be doomed.

Old 03-08-2004 | 08:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

[quote]
Originally posted by: FastBansheekid
ok i was goin for a ride to the trails down the road. the same trails that my dad

I hate to see the trails go, fortunately for riders in W.V. little development is going on. So we have plenty of trails. On the other hand our lack of a good local government and poor infrastructure is the cause of our limited development. If ever in W.V. bansheekid, give a shout and we will hit the hidden trails of coal country.

As for the rest of my fellow riders I'd just love to see kerry try to re-appropriate the land in West Virginia. We may be looked upon as uneducated hillbillies, but land battles are a thing of science for the seasoned mountaineer.

Old 03-08-2004 | 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

overigo I wouldnt mind joining ya someday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].I have a few bikes to choose from.From my lightning fast gas eating SHee to my Mojave an my polaris 400 to my kdx 220 or KLR 250[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].PICK ya weapon!

Old 03-08-2004 | 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

in my area, maybe 2hrs north of nyc, we hace what we call citdiots. they move up here from manhattan, have all the money, and therefore all the pulling power of our "fair" govornment, and give everyone a hard time. before they started moving in, it was more or less a "ride on my land, but your tresspassing if you get hurt agreement." now they call the police when were not even on their land. we were out riding sunday in an old gravel pit. some guy walks over and says "as far as i know you all dont have permission to ride here." what the h*** does that mean? then he starts takin pictures of us....and this is not the first time hes done it....the guy doesent even own the land...just lives 2 feilds over. i think theres alot worse things 3 21 yr olds could be out doin than tearin up a gravel pit. i think it should be encouraged, like any other sport. town govornment forgets that kids with nothing to do start doing very illegal things. jeez, cant speed or race on the roads anymore, so just let us do it in the dirt....

Old 03-12-2004 | 03:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

People need to get together and buy large areas of land for atv use. People do it all the time for hunting. Around here you need to have your quad insured if you drive it off of your own land. If a large group buys land just to ride on they wouldn't necessarily need to be registered and insured. (depending on the state laws) People wouldn't have to worry about being kicked off their favorite riding spot because they'd own part of it. The tree type hugger would be considered a trespasser.

50 people invest $1000. each- depending on the area, it would buy at least 25, 50, or even 100 acres. Well, you get the idea.

Old 03-12-2004 | 07:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thats all well and good but I do not want to ride and just go around in circles on in the 100 acre wood.

These machines have the capability to take you where only a horse could take you, and even some places a horse could not... places you could never get to or see in the country on foot.... They need to open those areas... Places with millions of acres.

Whats a 100 acres? 2500 feet x 2500 feet or something like that. Thats good for a MX track or maybe even a few good woods trails but going around and around would get old real quick and at 1000 a pop around where I am you would need 100 people to go in on it with you to make that happen...

The point is we already pay "rent" to have access to those areas with our taxes... who do you think in the long run pays for all those forest rangers saleries? or the DEC/Law enforcement people who would love to write you a ticket... its comes out of your paycheck... and out of your property taxes and in the sales tax you pay for everything you buy besides food-Including your quad and the gas you put in it... You shouldnt have to spend money to buy your own land to ride on-- We already have spent money and publically own a part of all the open areas.

I for one dont have a problem with tree huggers- I feel I am a hugh enviromentalist... I care very much about nature and the protection of the outdoors- Im a big hunter too, and love wildlife.. until hunting season anyway... but, the problem some of the apparently yuppie tree huggers and these politicians have is that they have never got on an OHV and really seen the outdoors... if they did they would surely sing a different tune.

Quick Reply: this is bad! real bad!