Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Anti atv website. look at what we're up against.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti atv website. look at what we're up against.

exactly.... E_mail them at complian to them

Old 04-15-2004, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

Did it.

Old 04-15-2004, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

sweet.

Old 05-27-2004, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

I just wonder if Duluth used any Federal funding to create the trails originally... if they did.. they may be in violation of Federal statutes for misuse of funds.... It might be worth checking into to force them to relent or pay the government back... or even get creative, and require them to provide like areas to ride... I see counties swapping wetlands certificates all the time out East, the same process may apply... I'll leave it to the legal eagles to dig up the info on this one... My local Light rail authority was able to buy passenger rail cars from Illinois in a deal like that for a dollar each. It seems the Illinois commuter rail system used federal funding to refurbish a ton of rail cars, and then left them in storage yard.. until they needed them some day down the road.. well guess what, the feds found out and told them to either put them in service, sell them or pay back the millions of dollars they were given... but under no circumstances were they to be allowed to sit unused. Illinios loss was Virginia's gain.. We got 12 cars for $12 bucks...Each worth in excess of a million each on the auction block.

Good luck in Duluth...

Old 05-29-2004, 12:53 AM
Range Rover

We certainly need to actively police our beloved sport because there are obviously those few who feel the constant need to act like morons. This doesn't, by any stretch, make us unique. There are bad apples in every activity. We do need to be aware, however, that even if we were able to keep every off-roader from doing the stupid things which make us all look bad, there will always be people and organizations out there who won't be content until we completely lose our right to ride. Be aware of them and maintain your membership(s) in the various organizations which fight for our rights!

Moo,
WheelCow

Old 06-02-2004, 08:58 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Dragginbutt
"....It seems the Illinois commuter rail system used federal funding to refurbish a ton of rail cars, and then left them in storage yard.. until they needed them some day down the road.. well guess what, the feds found out and told them to either put them in service, sell them or pay back the millions of dollars they were given... but under no circumstances were they to be allowed to sit unused. Illinios loss was Virginia's gain.. We got 12 cars for $12 bucks...Each worth in excess of a million each on the auction block...".
I live half-way between Illinois (Chicago) and Detroit where we get both city newspapers pretty easily. You all wouldn't believe how many crooks and incompetent state and city employees have practically run these two fine larger cities into the ground (especially Detroit). There are good people in both places.....yet it is unfathomable what some of these people have gotten away with over the years to the detriment of their entire community. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2004, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

All the damage they speak of just looks like roads to me. What do they think a horse and carrage would do in the same area? Since the invention of the wheel, marks such as those have been created.

The land area of the USA is huge, the tiny fraction of the land used by ATVs is incredible small compared to the land untouched.

Old 06-15-2004, 04:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I definately let the pi$$ heads have it when I come aross them. I can't stand riders that do things to ruin it for all of us. Sometimes I'd love to just ram 'em with my 600lb Rincon. But that wouldn't do much good, sure would be fun though.

Old 06-15-2004, 07:15 PM
Trailblazer

I try to ride responsible when on public grounds, however I'm hardly every on public recreation land. I think they are a bit extreme with there cause. I understand and respect preservation, but the tree huggers go a little too far sometimes.

Old 06-17-2004, 04:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey, give me the email address, and ill send them my opinion on "tree huggers" and "ATV's Vs. Treehuggers". I looked on the website, but didnt find their email.
-Adam-

Quick Reply: Anti atv website. look at what we're up against.