Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Vanishing Freedom. Who owns America.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2000, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JRM,

I am a member of the Thunder mountain ATV club, up in Kelso, WA. I ride with my family at Jones Creek area, near Washougal. Jones creek is only 15 miles from my house where as the Thunder mountain riding area is 75 miles away!

Have you ever been to the ORV places in the Tillamook forest?

Old 08-10-2000, 03:25 PM
JRM
Pro Rider

I have herd of that place as I have friends who live in the Orchards/Evergreen area. Have to go up there some day. Yes I have ridden at Browns camp, Rogers camp and Gales creek. All three are near each other off hiway 6. You can pick up a trail map at the last gas station as you head up the hill. Browns camp is best for ATV but is Majorly overused and rutted in places, Gales creek and Rogers camp are even tough on my XR250R in places, but my friend got his Kodiak threw somehow. I have not been up there since last year so it may have changed a tad. Overall worth the trip, if you park at browns camp you can ride to the others as they are just across the hiway. The area is huge and I have wasted 2 tanks of fuel on my Bike scouting it out. Tons of fun fire roads though, plenty of room.

Old 08-11-2000, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

Well The Prez made it to Boise. He landed at the National Guard Facility here, and they wouldn't let in any uninvited people. Just state dignataries and such. One TV station said that even they weren't allowed to within 300 feet. Guess he thought that maybe with the most Republican state in the union, that the people here are just as hot about his roadless plan as the fires he came to see.

Old 08-12-2000, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider

this morning on yahoo it states that gores gonna use the envirement as a club against Bush,Its funny the economy is stronger than ever and we got a bunch of dumb F*cks running our country ruining it.Its time to let the 20 somethings take over and have slick ***** go find a couple of interns and sit back and relax,That would be pretty funny sieera club members being the only 1s in the forest,maybe some of us will hunt them lol.Anyway we have to stop drop kicking each other,atvers hating bikers vs snowmobilers thing. Personally I love anything that has wheels and and engine