Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Trails in Va, Where are all the VA riders?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004 | 08:27 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Trails in Va, Where are all the VA riders?

Hi, My name is Jason. I'm a 36 year old adult rider. I only ride mountain trails, 4x4 winch county.
I live in warrenton/ Culpeper VA. I'm looking for some new trails to ride. I know about Taskers gap and the cove, Dulles airport. George Washington and Jefferson national Forrest. I'm looking for mountain trails. all 4x4 and above. I ride Hatfeild and Mcoy trails severe times a year, But still looking for new local trails. I just heard there's some trails down 340 on the other side of Luray? Some town called Colmer? Supposed to be some coal mines or something like that.
Me and a friend are riding the Cove this weekend, Saturday @ 8:00 am. Cost $25.00 now. Went up 5:00 bucks buts its worth it. Mainly 4x4 country.
Oh yeah, if you go to taskers gap and ride, watch out for the game warden. what an *** he is. I got a ticket for riding across the parking lot to my buddies truck with no helmet on. I'm talking about 50 feet. not speeding. Totally putting along. We just got done riding and I was riding over to give him a smoke. A 50.00 Smoke. "camel that is" Wont ever see me riding there again. it doesn’t hurt me or him, Just the stores who rely on us buying there merchandise gas, beer, food, ect.
I'm always looking for new riding buds, Especially since my bud got married. What a dumb ***. ~Laughing~
Thanks for any info and I would be more than happy to answer any questions you have about the trails I know.

Jason

Old 10-23-2004 | 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Jason, while I don't agree with the warden's judgement, I do believe I know why he gave you the ticket. It's because people are disrespecting the parking area rules. When I was there a couple of weeks ago there were about 3 ATVs drag racing, some without helmets, and even jumping over a hill in the parking lot. Behavior like this will get the limited areas we have in va closed down. This type of behavior is probably why they are cracking down, as in your case. That ticket probably ruined your day of riding...I know it would have for me.

Old 11-20-2004 | 09:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Jason; First of all let me say marriage is all that bad. It just takes about 14 years to get used to the same women ( ha ha ). Anyways; I am 37 married with children and just bought two new fourwheelers from the yamaha dealer in culpeper (450 kodiak and 350 bruin ) and live in the lake of the woods. I am looking for a place to ride and it sounds like you know of some. I was wondering if you can recomend a something fairly close. When I get to these places what do I do? It sounds like there is a parking lot and you have to purchase a sticker or something? I dont mean to sound dumb but I have know idea where to start ( After being married so long that what happens!!!! Warn your friend!! Thanks for anything you can send my way.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2005 | 10:15 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Two local clubs that I know of.. Nothern VA trail riders who run the Taskers Gap area for the state, and there is a group out of Richmond that has several private trail systems at their disposal further south and west.