Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Pooling funds for land purchase (ATV riding area)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pooling funds for land purchase (ATV riding area)

Anyone ever consider purchasing land to set up as an ATV riding area, or maybe buying land along an existing trail to set up some sort of ATV resort operation? I know of several startups in the Hatfield/McCoy area....

Know of any reasonably priced lands that meet the above criteria?

Old 05-04-2004, 11:25 PM
Trailblazer

If you were interested in doing something in Rhode Island or Massachusetts, I might help out a bit. I can put $25,000 towards the right place in MA or RI. Anyone interested?

Old 08-04-2004, 01:15 AM
Trailblazer

i'm in MA, and a few of us are seriously looking to buy some land. Are you still around on this site?

Old 09-17-2004, 11:41 PM
Trailblazer

Yup, I'm still here and ready to pool some money on the right piece of land.

Old 09-18-2004, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

im not in that area but im just wondering why the manufacterers dont get in on buying up some land?

they have the resources to acquire alot of land, privatize it, and run it correctly and help the cycle of the sport: get atv>ride atv in riding spot>get another atv to ride in riding spot>and so on. face it, without places to ride, we could have a repeat of the late 80's. i dont want that to happen again. it took a decade for the sport to recover and we are getting alot of new bikes...its great. but we need more places to ride all over the nation.

Old 09-18-2004, 02:47 AM
Pro Rider

I tried to join a club that owns land next to capitol state forest in my local area, in fact in the same county less than 15minutes away even.
They told me no. Reason was because I lived to close and they didn't accept anyone from thurston county. If you or anyone else starts a club that ends up buying land as described in the above threads, then please don't turn anyone away, especialy if they are willing to roll up thier sleeves and work.
My friends and I are thinking of starting a club and then purchasing land, but that is way down the road.

GOOD LUCK

Old 09-27-2004, 12:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: quadduck
I tried to join a club that owns land next to capitol state forest in my local area, in fact in the same county less than 15minutes away even.
They told me no. Reason was because I lived to close and they didn't accept anyone from thurston county. If you or anyone else starts a club that ends up buying land as described in the above threads, then please don't turn anyone away, especialy if they are willing to roll up thier sleeves and work.
My friends and I are thinking of starting a club and then purchasing land, but that is way down the road.

GOOD LUCK
WOW,

What kind of crap is that?
Without knowing why, one can only say WTH..................

Which club told you that. I know a couple people in a club that have land bordering Capitol Forest. I'd like to ask them about that............
Let me know.......

Old 09-27-2004, 02:49 AM
Pro Rider

TACOMA TRAIL CRUISERS AT CAPITOL FOREST IN AUGUST OF 02.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2005, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

There is a club in Richmond VA that has had good luck in convincing property owners of th ebenefits of letting them use their land in return for building trails and keeping the place cleaned up, brush dealt with etc... Right now they have two areas that are over 300 acres and looking for more...

The secret is in numbers....