Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

ATV's Riding on Groomed Snowmobile Trails????

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV's Riding on Groomed Snowmobile Trails????

The usfs says no way. I called them today and in washington you will recieve a nice fat fine.

Old 11-05-2004, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

that sucks. i guess i'll have to take my chances. do you think they might let me off because of ignorance?

Old 11-07-2004, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

In Washington or Idaho? I'd bet Idaho will allow you as they aren't a liberal left wing tree hugging state.

Old 11-16-2004, 08:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

In New York State you can't take any wheeled vehicle on the snowmobile trails. And the last I heard, those track and ski kits for atv's still don't allow you on the snowmobile trails with an atv. You may be able to get away with riding your atv on the snowmobile trails but watch out on the weekends and holidays, the sheriffs have been out more and more every winter.

Old 11-16-2004, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

Bing, your avatar makes me want to harm something. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2004, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

i know for sure it is illegal to ride fourwheelers here in mn on the snowmobile trails but last year we did it all year it it was the funest riding i have ever done you would be surprised on fast you can go on these trails but i used itp holeshots last year and they went plenty good although you do have to stay on the hard pack for the most part

also we seen others on sleds and they were always way cool they seen no reason why we could not ride on the trails four wheelers dont even tear up the trail any more then sleds just think come of them sleds have 1 to 2 inch paddle tracks and 180 ice picks

Old 11-17-2004, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider
Urges all riders to join ATV clubs and become part of a united front to maintain and expand trail systems.

Tearing up snowmobile trails that are paid for by snowmobile registrations is a sure way to get another group pissed off at us. So far, we get some support from snowmobilers when it comes to motorized access to state forest trails during summer, but we could lose that if we ruin their trails in the winter.

I ride both a snowmobile and 4-wheeler, but I wouldn't be happy if I found a 4-wheeler had messed up a groomed snowmobile trail.

It's in the best interest of 4-wheelers and snowmobilers to cooperate rather than pick fights. The tree huggers would be extatic to see us pitted against each other.

Old 11-17-2004, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

Ther are quite a few trails open to atv's in winter in WI. I too am atv and sledder. Atv's can and will put some pretty nasty ruts in a trail pretty much depends on the rider.

Old 11-18-2004, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

We all need yo obey or live with the potental consequences.

Old 11-18-2004, 05:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: WyoBullRydr
Bing, your avatar makes me want to harm something. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
If it's the same one on the 18th. I just felt like puking when I saw it.

Quick Reply: ATV's Riding on Groomed Snowmobile Trails????