Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Let's Stop Banning ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 07:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's Stop Banning ATV's

You're absolutely right DB. I bought our machines in Elko (NV) and a huge portion of the area around there is 'taboo' to ATV's and snowmobiles already. Too many people ignoring other's rights, private property, etc. And there's areas around here that have become 'off limits' as well. I can't imagine what it must be like back east.

Old 02-21-2005, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

That's the point... it isn't.... we normally have to load up the rides and take trips out West to get our fix... or buy our own land large enough...

I think the closest place to me right now is almost 3 hours away....

Old 02-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

lucky for me I can ride my quads in the snow over here in new york. We are aloud to drive atvs after 3 inches of snow falls. I just got back from riding mine yesterday.

Old 02-22-2005, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for rubbing it in... I managed to get mine out of the shed a couple of weeks ago and washed off all the bug doo-doo from sitting for four months. Not thrilled about loading up and slipsliding over to West Virginia when they are talking snow and ice on the road... so I'd sit and curl up with the wife in a home made quilt and watch a movie on cable or something.

I May have to re-think that Wisconsin property and start looking in the south....

Old 02-23-2005, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

come on draggin a part of being a real atv enthusiest and an outdoorsman is to go out and brave the elements i been out atving many times when it has been -20 blasting through the snow is just as much fun on atv then it is on snowmobile in my books. and i guess up here it is very nice living in a small community where everyone knows everyone and we all pretty well much got permission from everyone else to dirve on each others land. all a person has to do is use a lil common sense as to when you can do this and everyone wins. but is is still nice to have forrest trails to drive down and enjoy all that nature has to offer.

Old 02-23-2005, 07:31 AM
Pro Rider

Well weez, I've been out in the cold, and I've been out in the hot desert summer. Summer is better.... Ha.

Right now I'm really getting tired of winter. Just yesterday I finally got my pickup out from behind our gate, where it got stranded in that freak series of storms we had. Snow piled up in front of our 8' gate, froze, and we couldn't get it out. Behind the pickup is the trailer with our ATV's on it, so we couldn't get it out either. And we haven't seen much more than a few hours of sunlight since sometime last year. Normally we get a little snow, it melts by noon, the sun comes out, and life is good. Not THIS year! Cloudy or foggy all the time. May as well be living in London...

Oh, and when we checked on the ATV's, three out of eight tires are flat. Damn!!

Old 02-23-2005, 08:09 AM
Pro Rider

In my younger days I'd have taken you up on it.. but as age has set in, and associated health issues.. it really isn't an option any longer. The last thing I would want is to get stuck, and have a heart attack trying to get it out of a snow bank. Not my idea of a fun afternoon. Nope, I will just snuggle up to a roaring fire with a cup of hot chocolate and watch the ice melt off the porch. Maybe read a book, or begin one of my world famous gormet (sp) meals and really make a mess in the kitchen... which gets Mrs DB madder than a cat getting a bath. I have to get the old girl some exercise somehow... might as well be chasing me around the kitchen with a broom.

Old 02-24-2005, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

wow tommy i am suprised you guys get that much snow their i knew that in your neck of the woods you got some. gonna have to maybe trade a wheeler off for a snowmobile or something lol. i know i am waiting for summer to roll around can't wait to get my 650 out and drive again looking at buying a yamaha rhino to for them real lazy days where i just wanna drive around maybe look at deer and listen to the radio. and i am sorry to hear about your health problems draggin but you come up to minnesota and go atving with me and you wouldn't have to worry bout none of that besides don't we have some northern pike to catch??

Old 02-24-2005, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

I'm in [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2005, 07:20 AM
Pro Rider

Most people think Nevada is all high, hot desert. That pretty much describes Las Vegas (but even they have had snow - and lots of rain this year), but not up here. My neighbor across the street had a Rhino and he and his wife go out - sometimes. Mostly, his worthless son takes the thing out with his buddies. A snowmobile wouldn't be much fun. I'd have to drive too far to use it. And besides, I personally don't think we get that much snow.

Hey DB, I'm 59 years young. What sort of 'age' has crept up on you? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Let's Stop Banning ATV's