Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

I just can't beleive this.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005 | 11:20 PM
|
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Default I just can't beleive this.

btw..besure to read all of it..

Click This

Old 04-26-2005 | 09:23 AM
Pro Rider

Not linkable for some reason.....

Old 04-26-2005 | 09:26 AM
|
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Originally posted by: blackballed
Not linkable for some reason.....
i'll fix it.. but if i can't you'll have t ocopy and paste it into your browser.

Old 04-26-2005 | 10:29 AM
Range Rover

If they even thinkabout it...I will destroy as much property as possible including politicians lawns, parks, and wherever else I damn feel like it. Maybe a booby trap for the ****** mountain bikers? You betcha, just try it.

I say we start a Terrorist organization since those seem to work great.

I'll play nice until "niceness" fails to work, then I will simply slap on the 589's, put metal studs in them and load up the Brute Force for some destruction.

Have a nice day! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-26-2005 | 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

Man I don't like the sound of that. Banning dirt bikes and Atv.

Old 04-26-2005 | 05:09 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

I am not sure of the authenticity of the article, as in many cases things get blown out of proportion many times in the telling. I do know a few things though. The call to action is real. Joining your voice to organizaations such as the Blue ribbon coalition is a good way to combat this action. They have been at teh forefront of most of the battles being fought, and winning them on a regular basis. Also, for those wondering, if government funds were used to build or improve trails.. then it is nearly impossible to close them... as that would be waste.. and we all know how the government frowns on that. Several closed areas were forced back open in recent years. Seems that if they close an area, they have to pay the government back all the funds used... not too many local authorities have the means to do that.

Old 04-27-2005 | 08:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Dragginbutt
"...Seems that if they close an area, they have to pay the government back all the funds used... not too many local authorities have the means to do that...."
Very interesting (thanks)...has the Blue Ribbon Coalition grown to the point where they are focusing equally as hard on problems east of the Mississippi as they have been on the west of it? I was told at one time that this was (understandably) their main focus.

Old 04-27-2005 | 08:57 AM
Pro Rider

I'd have to say yes, in that many of the issues they are dealing with are national issues. For example, they are responsible for openning the logging roads in the nation's forests to off road. As you know, the environmentalists were suing the Forest service to limit road use. This was one of the driving factors behind all the survey work the states are now struggling to accomplish. They successfully argued that lands should remain open unless it can be proven that there is damage being done etc and that the enviro lobby could not give an accurate accounting of which roads etc, since there was not viable list of what was an official trail, and what was not..

In addition, they have managed to get some areas re-opened because of the fed funding laws. The Fed funding is a double edge sword that has been working in our favor recently and they have been successful in enforcing the rules.

I do agree that it may appear that they are focused on Western issues.. as it makes up the majority of their work, but I have to to think it is because the majority of national reserve lands are West of the big ditch...

Old 04-27-2005 | 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

I am going to a DEC (Dept of Enviro Conservation) hearing, in NY, this afternoon to speak against a proposed ban on all ATVs, and off road motorcycles, in the Adirondack Mtns, and Catskill Mtns, of NY. The DEC is holding public hearings, but has been given the authority, by the state legislature, to ban the use of ATVs, w/ a departmental edict. They do not even require legislative approval. Many dealers, and clubs, have organized to have as many enthusiasts as possible at these hearings. It is a constant battle to protect our rights to ride. IF you are fortunate enough to live in an area where trails are legal, and plentiful, count your blessings and do not take it for granted.

Old 04-27-2005 | 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

Good luck to all of you. I hope you can turn the numbers of people it is going to take to get their attention.. much like they did in MN.

Quick Reply: I just can't beleive this.