Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

ATV bill lets DNR decide where riders can go in MN

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV bill lets DNR decide where riders can go in MN

gilbert is NOT northern minnesota that is more eastern central minnisota so don't compare that part of the state with where i live which is basically northwestern. yes i am aware that gilbert has a nice large and popular atv park there and that is great for our atving, but when it becomes that popular you will have more people coming from outside the area who don't care or just people who live there and don't care who will throw stuff off and say it is someone elses problem.

Old 06-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: weez440
gilbert is NOT northern minnesota that is more eastern central minnisota so don't compare that part of the state with where i live which is basically northwestern. yes i am aware that gilbert has a nice large and popular atv park there and that is great for our atving, but when it becomes that popular you will have more people coming from outside the area who don't care or just people who live there and don't care who will throw stuff off and say it is someone elses problem.
Ok - so geography isn't your strong point...lol

Lets try .... Math!

Its about 375 miles from Iowa to Warroad - straight line
Its about 300 miles from Iowa to Gilbert - straight line

If the state is 375 miles and you divide that into equal thirds - southern, central and northern, then you have distances of say - 125 miles of Southern MN, 125-250 miles = Central MN and 250-375 miles is Northern Minnesota. At 300 miles Gilbert would be well within the northern MN segment.

One could pretend they are part of "another" northern MN from Warroad but the math does not support that.

I think many people see anything north of say...Brainard (200 miles north of Iowa) - as northern MN. But if you live in Warroad - Brainard is down south. But then again - from Warroad - there is only about 7 miles of Northern MN before you reach Can na da.

Old 06-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

lol you know you are good whodat lol don't ask but i got my opinion on what northern minnnesota is and you got yours so leave it be.