Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

This is Outrageous!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-1999, 09:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this topic should go under enviromental issues, but i thought it might get more attention here. I read a post the other day, about a little old lady that is very sick, and she lives in a delapitated house. She cant sell it now because hippy pot smoking tree hugging conservatives have declared a "ditch" that they call a stream a salmom habitat. The house is so bad, when ever it rains, the house floods. Witch does not help her condition at all. Does anyone else see something wrong with this??

We are the superior beings on this planet, why do some people think animals are our equal?? or worse, Better??!! Some of the things Animal rights activists do amaze me.
They will kick anyone out thier property. It doesn't matter who, it could be Joe Farmer, who has owned a farm for 20 years and depends on the profit from the crops to support his 4 kids and wife. They could be kicked off 100 acres of land to save a rare species of Ant.
It could be Sue Mother, who has 2 kids and lives in a house that has been in a family for hundreds of years, they could also be kicked out on the street to save some insect or plant. The Federal Government seems to be on thier side, my guess is it looks good on thier record that they are supporting the environment. It just makes me so mad that they can do this stuff and get away with it. It makes me even more mad that thier is nothing we can really do about it. Other than join what organizations that are out thier and correspond with our elected officials we are backed in a hole. This is how we are losing our lands. They have some insect that is very rare, and our atv's kill them all.

The reason i'm so mad about this is that me and a few buddies were almost ran over by some anti fourwheeler group, but i wont get into that.

Sorry for such along post, i just had to tell somebody =)

------------------
Jeremy Cross

1993 Yamaha *turbo* t-wolf

Old 08-12-1999, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeremy,
It's ok to be irritated, but what you're doing is called "preaching to the choir". Most of us are in aggreement with your indignation, so it has little positive effect.
My suggestion would be to log onto the Blue Ribbon Coalition's web site, get out your credit card & send them the $20 it takes to join & finance the lobbyists at state & national levels who are fighting the battle to save our public lands FOR us, not FROM us

Cal, the Az hard packer

------------------
join the Blue Ribbon Coalition online at www.sharetrails.org

[This message has been edited by hot_shoe_cv (edited 08-12-1999).]

Old 08-13-1999, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

Hey man, I mean, that's a bad thing that needs some serious attention and all, but CAN WE TALK ABOUT QUADS HERE? Man, that stuff's just NOT needed here!

------------------
- 1996 Kawasaki Mojave, 1998 Kawasaki Mojave, http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/B...8090/home.html

Old 08-13-1999, 12:13 AM
Trailblazer

Ride, you are so wrong. What you dont understand is that THESE are the people that are stealing our land. This is just an example of what they do to protect land.

And by the way, if you dont like the post,
YOU DONT HAVE TO RESPOND. Very Simple.

------------------
Jeremy Cross

Old 08-16-1999, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer

jeremy i totally agree with you. we get our riding lands taken away, we have little old ladies suffering just because of some salmon or some other species of animal or plant. people do matter too. we need recreation. i would go crazy if all i could do is ride my quad around the yard. i want to say thank you to all the people that try so hard to keep our riding areas open and try to battle the government when they are being stupid and not letting some poor lady move or endangering somebodys life.

[This message has been edited by tony (edited 08-16-1999).]

Old 08-16-1999, 11:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

My name is Matt Sibley. I'm noly 13 and I was planning on going into the computer field when I got out of high school. I'm pretty smart and it is reasons like this that makes me want to go into politics and law. I love riding atvs. My mom is a real estate agent so I know all about wetlands and all that crap. It's rediculous. So If I run for president one day you think I could get the support of you guys?

------------------
Matt Sibley

1999 Honda 300 4x4 Vampires and 2500 lb. winch

Old 08-18-1999, 07:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

RiDe,
You totally surprised me with your post. You must understand that without places to ride our quads, WHY HAVE QUADS?? Every day, people are working to take YOUR rights away. I know you are enexperienced (not a putdown) but as you grow and mature, you will see that life is not all about fun and quads. There are real issues that must be dealt with. The right to ride, hunt, farm, or USE ones land is a right that is under increasing attack by Democrats and liberals.
Ride, please be aware that without the land, we have no quads. Dont sit so smug Ride, Yo may have your own land, but wait until the enviro-***** find a "prebbles valley jumpping mouse" on your land. Guess what happpens next. ITS NOT YOUR LAND> THe federal gov't basically owns it. (Not THAT easy of course, but the federal gov't has mighty deep pockets. Got a few years and a few thousand dollars to waste? neither do I.

RoostKing
"Albert Gore is the ENEMY"!

Old 08-18-1999, 11:48 AM
Trailblazer

Roost, My point exactly. It is pretty bad when people put animals in front of other people. And it scares me knowing that they will make anyone suffer no matter who they are to save a small animal.

------------------
Jeremy Cross

Old 08-18-1999, 10:09 PM
Trailblazer

Full Story

"The National Center for Public Policy Research does yeoman work in exposing the cruel excesses of government regulation. Here's the latest nightmare story:

For seven years, Viola Allen, an ailing 72-year-old widow, desperately tried to sell her 8-acre property in Lynwood, Wash., to raise enough money to move out of her dilapidated house.

Viola suffers from emphysema and must stay on oxygen all day. Her house is in such poor condition that every time it rains, which is often in the Pacific Northwest, her basement floods.

The resulting mildew worsens her medical condition. But local environmentalists blocked Viola from selling the land by claiming Tunnel Creek, that runs through her property, is vital salmon habitat. This is hard to believe, however, as Tunnel Creek is completely dry in the summer and has only a tiny trickle of water in the winter. Notes Viola, ``If salmon are going to get to Tunnel Creek, they would have to sprout legs and walk up here.''

Nevertheless, for now at least, Viola can't sell the land. Concern for the elderly? It seems that some in government have greater concern for fish!"

I give full credit to the Augusta Chronicle.

------------------
Kevin JA Works of Georgia

1996 Yamaha Warrior

Old 08-18-1999, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, I just read up to the first half of the original post, replied, then never came back until today. I didn't mean for everyone to react like that, but after reading as much as I did, it was just a post about what animal rights activists do, and I thought it didn't belong in an ATV forum. I read the rest of it, and yes, it is one of the most important issues out there. I wouldn't necessarily consider myself "inexperienced" anymore, though. I probably don't have as much experience as most of you, but I've been riding basically everyday for three months now, probably around 200 hours of riding now. Sorry about that, I didn't read the entire post, and replied after reading half the post. I know about the important issues out there, I also care about keeping our current riding areas. I didn't quite mean it that way, I must have come across as a...I don't know. Later

------------------
- 1996 Kawasaki Mojave, 1998 Kawasaki Mojave, http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/B...8090/home.html

Quick Reply: This is Outrageous!