Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Got my first ATV related ticket Sunday...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 10:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my first ATV related ticket Sunday...

Me and a buddy of mine were riding for 2 hours and I guess we didnt leave early enough because a Suffolk county sheriff was waiting by our cars.Thank god for my PBA card-he didnt take our bikes or issue summons but was in the process of writing a no inspection ticket when I got there and couldnt stop-no biggie.It was for my trailer.I forgot to do that and put the sticker on last year.Could have been worse.Damn NY state for not letting me ride anywhere!!!!!I need a bigger backyard!

Old 12-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

bummer.... at least it wasnt THAT bad though. Better luck next time!

Old 12-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is a PBA card? What does being a Professional Bowler have to do with ATV's?

Old 12-13-2005, 08:10 PM
Range Rover

Hardy,har har...too the moon Alice!!!!

Old 12-14-2005, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider

Good to hear you didnt get hosed by the local tax collector (thats what their turning our police into).

Dont want to sound pushy but if you (this is for anyone not just one person etc) dont want to have be hassled for ever its a really good idea to get involved with an offroad or atv club.

There is some great progress being made, but it would be a lot easier for those working on this all the time, and it would get accomplished faster if more riders would just get involved and put in some of their time.

Out on the island you guys have a great group LIORV and there is another in NJ Offroad NJ and so many other local and national groups (most listed on those two sites) that you can get involved with in some way.

Sorry for the speach, but I am sick and tired of being treated like a damn criminal for riding, and have not had the same luck with the "courtesty cards" as others, and even had a family member bearer card thrown back at me.

Its really too much, and needs to change before someone gets into serious trouble, and the town or authority behind the officer that crosses the line just puts a spin on the real facts and a rider ends up seeing serious time for doing nothing wrong.

Old 12-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Range Rover

I was a member of LIORV and they screwed up my membership and I had to get my money back-not to mention that they are not associated with any riding facilities anymore!!!No where to go localy...Bummer!

Old 12-17-2005, 09:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

Consider yourself lucky, I got over 1,200.00 in fines getting caught. LIORv blows, and ridding on the island sucks.
PM me if you want some local spots off LI.

Old 02-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Scooter86
What is a PBA card? What does being a Professional Bowler have to do with ATV's?
From now on when I ride, I'm going to carry a box of doughnuts to give to the cops [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2006, 06:04 PM
Range Rover

Might work!

remember...county cops like donuts,state troopers like crullers,and motorcycle cops like munchkins!

Old 02-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Range Rover

It definatley stinks living on LI with atv's, but no offense, where where u riding that u shouldnt have been? exit 56? It seems far, but there are some place to go about 2, 2 1/2 hours off the island to ride legal where you can enjoy the weekend.

Quick Reply: Got my first ATV related ticket Sunday...