Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

what happened with the proposition New York last may

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006 | 08:03 PM
|
Range Rover
Default what happened with the proposition New York last may

Not that it matters ,because there really isnt a d@mn thing we can truly do about them spending our money on otherthings --a good friend of mine just got his quad towed for not being able to read his vin# and the other guys that he was with got a ton of tickets --i just dont ever wanna see my quad flat bedded away this has gotta stop NY atvers --we need to do something bout this where will it all end at

Old 01-17-2006 | 02:08 AM
Pro Rider

This is from nysorva.org, the advocacy group that is supposed to be working on this very issue:
As of June 23, 2005, NYS Legislature closed regular Session for the year and failed to deliver ATV Program legislation it promised to pass as a concession to the registration fee increase to $25/year included in the State Budget, which became effective July 11, 2005. None of the expected $2.6M in 2005-2006 registration revenue is slated to be returned to trails. (No change as of 10/31/05.)
In otherwords, they took our money and will give us nothing for it AGAIN.

Thank goodness for a company like Trailpass. They are flawed but at least they are doing something to give us places to ride legally.

Old 01-17-2006 | 02:02 PM
|
Range Rover

hey ajd- other than the trail pass --have you joined any atv clubs looked into any --maybe starting a club i got about 10 guys with quads --we should see if we can get something started --all my friends are lazy and want something for nothing- so i need to look else where, to start this club do you or anyone you know that would be possibly interested in this venture
let me know because i am serious

Old 01-17-2006 | 02:35 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep

Dam shame to hear that NY is still as screwed up as it was 11 years ago. Subtle reminder of why I left. Good luck guys. Sad that the rich control so much of that state, like when they where pushing to turn the Adirondacks into a national park instead of a state park, all that would of ended up doing is screwing the locals.

Old 01-17-2006 | 05:22 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: pimpt250r
hey ajd- other than the trail pass --have you joined any atv clubs looked into any --maybe starting a club i got about 10 guys with quads --we should see if we can get something started --all my friends are lazy and want something for nothing- so i need to look else where, to start this club do you or anyone you know that would be possibly interested in this venture
im very interested in starting a group in NY and so are a few ppl i ride with. NY state needs something for riders, soon!

Old 01-17-2006 | 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: pimpt250r
I didn't get a Trailpass and still might not next year. I haven't decided yet. I probably will though.

I have looked into NYTRO (nytroatv.org), but they just don't offer a whole lot.

I would be interested in starting something or at least getting a group of people together for group rides. However I only know of one riding area that is legal and not a pay to play thing. The rest are at least 45 minutes from Rochester and you have to pay but it's only like $15-$25 depending on the place.

Old 01-18-2006 | 03:15 AM
|
Range Rover

well to start a club you need a president -vp-secretary-treasurer --a club name and other things like a place to meet once a week let me know what your ideas are i am by the airport in the city of rochester

Old 01-19-2006 | 11:10 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry guys, but NY is screwed when it comes to ATV access. Your best bet is to join whats left of the hunting clubs and enjoy it until they are bought up by the state. The rich control this state and always will.

Old 01-24-2006 | 09:16 AM
Pro Rider

Thats pretty stupid, new york is so annoying sometimes, i have like 15 freinds with quads that have to keep a watch for the stupid cops all the time cause we dont have any legal spots to ride nearby.

steve

Old 02-06-2006 | 09:02 PM
Trailblazer

I looked into this briefly last year and in a nutshell came to the conclusion that I can register my ATV's in PA for less money and where my money goes to trails where I have to ride as NY stinks.

I encourage others to not resgister in NY.

Quick Reply: what happened with the proposition New York last may