Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

PA TRAILS not just halted, ATV's may be BANNED!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2000 | 09:06 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Yes the PA trails have been halted but the Sierra Club is now pushing to have ATV use banned from all public property. They have the upper hand too.
Please if you live in PA take the time to write, call, fax, or email the DNCR, GOV. Ridge, Sec. Oliver, or any State Rep or Senator. We must protect what we have or we will have no place to ride at all.

Email me to get info on how to contact any of the State persons.

Thanks
joe

Old 11-10-2000 | 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Trails halted? I've bought a couple of out-of-state Pennsylvania ATV registrations (stickers) for my quads; I thought the money went toward building ATV trails. Silly me!

Tree Farmer

Old 11-10-2000 | 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

TreeFarmer, don't feel left out. I've been contacting the State Rep's here to help open up trails that we used to ride but are exclusively snowmobile trails. The DNR in our State is really a good group of people but they don't seem to understand the problems ATVers face wanting to ride areas that could and SHOULD be interperted as RECREATION for All the PEOPLE...
Breath deep!
Chuck, Suzuki KQ 300, GPS & lunch...
I don't like buying license but I hate picking up behind snowmobilers...

Old 11-13-2000 | 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

sounds like the california thing many years ago that trail money from gas tax went to other agendas not upkeep of the trail systems.Come on if you guys dont know these politicians are thieves by now we must be lost as a nation.Also they can bann it there will be so much land so many riders how will they even enforce it,the cops are gonna get fed up telling people they cant ride or being hauled into court for this petty bs.we are being treated worse than murders here,Even if they do ban it Im not gona be stupid enough to give into any of this bs and lies.they really do expect us to live in our living rooms and smoke dope all day and this will be utopia while they get more money and power hungry.Well not me Im not taking it sitting down anymore I will kiss *** and make friends with the police if i have to,some of law enforcement love this stuff too ,so if we could get them on our side they will work for us as long as we dont use viloence and cooperate with them.I know alot of people try to outrun them but thats risky cause outrunning them can get ya in hotwater but if your nice and stop ya usually get F*cked with a fine and bike confiscated any way.JUst my 2 cents here

Old 11-10-2004 | 12:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default PA TRAILS not just halted, ATV's may be BANNED!

Does anyone live in Eastern PA that knows of any good trails