Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Vermilion Cliffs, Lava Fields Become National Monuments

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2000, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WASHINGTON, DC, November 10, 2000 (ENS) - President Bill Clinton, taking full advantage of the waning days of his presidency, signed proclamations Thursday creating the Vermilion Cliffs National Monument in northern Arizona and expanding the Craters of the Moon National Monument in central Idaho. Full story

Old 11-11-2000, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"With Thursday's actions, President Clinton has now created 11 national monuments and has expanded two others. The President has protected more land as national monuments in the lower 48 states - more than 4.6 million acres - than any president in history."

It is, to GAG!

"PROTECTED?" Why not substitute the word, "STOLEN?"

Without debate, discussion, or deliberation, Clinton has unilaterally taken millions of acres away from the public, misusing his executive powers.

Why? Apparently, in the waning days of his reign (in the eight years of the Clinton administration, not one square inch of land has been declared a Wilderness Area through LEGAL (Wilderness Act, requiring Congress' advise and consent) means), Clinton wants to create a legacy for himself other than, well, it's hard to say on a family-oriented website.

Yet Clinton dons the sanctimonious robes of an "environmentalist" as he takes away land from the people.

Stand by: In the middle of December, as Clinton and his consort-of-the-moment, Hillary, packs his bags to return home to Arkansas, uh, I mean, New York, watch for his ROADLESS INITIATIVE to be announced by his Forest Service quislings. Yet, I'm afraid most ATVers will remain bilssfully unaware of these shenanigans until they see a locked gate and "No Trespassing" signs up at THEIR favorite riding area.

The liberal-biased mainline media doesn't report Clinton's methods and motives involved in his land-grab; thus, MOST Americans, including most ATVers I talk to, are totally unaware they, too, are victims of the serial rape of our public lands.

Will an honest Florida vote-count, favorable to George W. Bush, offer some relief from the mendacious tyranny of Clintonism? I hope so; however, I doubt it. I fear the American electorate may receive what it deserves, as an election is added to the list of stolen property chargeable to the Clinton Administration.

Tree Farmer

Old 11-11-2000, 06:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't worry guys soon "our" country will start selling these places to foriegn governments and maybe they will let us use "our" land and monuments again. My advice to anyone who does not own any land and can afford to buy some, you better do it now before it is all gone. What I am saying as far as atvs go, is that soon private land will be the only place to ride. That is if they don't just outlaw them.