Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

tree huggers SUCK

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tree huggers SUCK

Originally posted by: MotoF150
Why did you replace the axles in the first place for? Please don't tell me there was nothing wrong with the old axles and you paid big money for some high perfomance aftermarket axles, please don't tell me that! I just don't believe in changing and doing mods to any ATV like oversize tires cause problems too they change the balance and the center of gravity making the ATV dangerous and more prone to tip over. When I purchace a new ATV I put my trust that the Engineer that designed it has more brains than me. When you guys say you ride hard Im betting most of you guys could not keep up with me, I ride my little Eiger thru the woods at a very fast pace, I hit a river crossing at high speed so I have the speed to get it up a muddy vertical river bank, I take it up a hill climb thats sooo steep that if you stop in the middle or you don't make it ur atv will roll down and be destroyed, please don't tell me you ride hard cause I know if many of you guys ride in the conditions I ride you would chicken out. I know this for a fact, Im a hardened rider used to tough trails, when I go on poker runs across the state I find all of the poker run trails very easy with no tough challenge but most of the other riders there have problems and get scared and I think these poker runs are boring and easy.
Is the same guy that is worried about the watersheds????? I hope somebody catches you calling the cops on them and kicks you in the *****.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 12-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: MotoF150
Its not the trees we worry about, its the water! Many of the areas that you may ride in are watershed areas that supply drinking water. You upset the eco system when you ride near or thru a creek or a mud hole, you pollute that water. You may ride on hillsides that the wheels on ur ATV may dig up the protective top soil and may expose acid rock and that adds to the pollution of the water.
Sweet. that means more people would Die.. thus less pollution in the long run [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Funny how on the west coast where they either stopped logging or isolated it. Seems to burn every year.

Old 12-01-2006, 05:06 PM
Trailblazer

I once hugged a tree before starting my chain saw. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] just took 70 trees off my property here.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Wow. Are people really this ignorant?

Yes, extremists on BOTH sides suck, and I have only seen the ignorant, selfish, deluded and uneducated hillbilly side of the spectrum represented thus far.

You people need to realize that there is INDEED room for both logging, atvs, and environmental support and restoration. You need to realize there is a balance in life. If everyone stops being ignorant and considers both sides may have the right intention, but lack knowledge or maturity to properly form a conclusion, we could have civil discussion and make smart decisions for all.

Calling out anyone in support of our ecosystem and environment as a "tree hugger" and absolutely dismissing them is as retarded as the extremist who decides to shoot loggers. It saddens me to see everyone thinks you HAVE to be an extremist on either side, instead of providing a contribution.

Have some respect and dignity in your life regardless of your stance, and maybe try and start working towards a solution.

Old 02-05-2007, 12:30 AM
Range Rover

MujZeptu i agree with you. there needs to be a happy med. when i lived in indiana there were lots of "trails" that were cracked down on in a matter of 4 months because ignorant people were tearing them up, and vandalizing adjoining private property, tearing up planted feilds, and even in once tring to pull down a rail road bridge. me and my friends had rode these trails for 2 years prior, and my uncles had rode them for an untold amount of years and none of us ever had a problem. well after these kids moved in town and seen us riding on them they started to, they seemed like all right bunch, a little crazy, but all right. well after the first 2 weeks i relized we were goign to have a problem. and when i went to talkt o them about it, not such nice people now, behold 3 1/2 months later dnr would write tickets if they cought you on the land. and the whole town seen atv'rs as A$&*le ignorant people. never been the same. this made me mad, but never to the point of abolishign atv's or hawking on any one on a fourwheer just to call the police or dnr. come on thats childish. i feel that you will always have the ignorant poeple no matter where u are or what your doing. i'm in the coast guard and we have SOOO many ignorant boaters. that doesn't mean that boats should be out-lawed, just means that i have a job. haha. i have a boat and when i'm out on mine and i see people breaking rules some times they just dont know and are willing to learn, that doesn't mean that i'm gunna go dress out in LE GEAR and give thema ticket. some people need a nudge and others need more. what i'm tyring ot say is nothign will be perfect so people need to be less judgemental. on what a few atv's have done and look at us in a whole and see that most of us use are head.

oh yeah and mottof150 i think u just look for confintains, this isn't the first i have seen with you in it being "special" but i do wish it was the last.

bowz

bowz