Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Global Warming

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Global Warming

u all have pretty strong cases but since the earth is billions of years old... before man roamed the earth there was nothing around to pollute the earth
global warming is happening because of humans occupation
yes the earth has been fine but only up untill the past hundred years or so because of how fast technology grew which causes GLOBAL WARMING

Old 07-26-2006, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Global Warming

Originally posted by: squeege
I heard after 911 the avaerage global temp. raised by a few degrees ( has never occured since it has beeen tracked) like 100 + years........could it be because of the airtraffic halt? Some say the fine particals in the air are actually protecting us by reflecting light and heat away....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

same story on another blog at http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/s...d.php?t=486991

PBS ran a story on this.........

Interesting note on Global Dimming.

Two of our pollutants have been cancelling each other out. The amount of sun reaching the earth has been falling because of the effects of particle pollution. If we fix particle pollution, the earth gets even warmer.

Many climatologists have been taking measurements and temperatures in major US cities and around the world for many years daily.

On 9/11 when all planes were grounded in the continental US, the average temperature in US cities spiked 2 degrees when the particle pollution from planes stopped protecting us.

Sleep tight and hope the singularity can save us
2 degrees isnt to significant
at the rate the earth is warming then in the next 25-50 years its gunna be twice as bad

Old 07-26-2006, 10:50 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Global Warming

Originally posted by: MikeMac707
u all have pretty strong cases but since the earth is billions of years old... before man roamed the earth there was nothing around to pollute the earth
yes the earth has been fine but only up untill the past hundred years or so because of how fast technology grew which causes GLOBAL WARMING

There is absolutely no proof of that. Lots of nice theories, but absolutely no proof.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Global Warming

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

There is absolutely no proof of that. Lots of nice theories, but absolutely no proof.
the earth hasent started warming untill technology kicked off since the 1800s
thats my proof

Old 07-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Global Warming

You guys really should order a copy of this..... www.pbs.org/wgbh/warming/

PBS is as unbiased as can be found and are mostly funded by people like us[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

www.pbs.org/wgbh/warming/etc/video.ram

Old 07-28-2006, 01:46 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Global Warming

does any one watch the discovery channel? sceintists have been able to record climate changes through ice
samples, they have found that since the burning of fossil fuels there hs been a dramatic increase in co2 levels
that coincide with temperature.

Old 07-28-2006, 11:58 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Global Warming

thats my proof
Did you record the climate change? That's what I thought, you just hear things and repeat.

Old 07-28-2006, 12:00 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Global Warming

Originally posted by: motox26

thats my proof
Did you record the climate change? That's what I thought, you just hear things and repeat.
Now thats coming from a man with no sleep. lol. =]

Old 07-28-2006, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Global Warming

Originally posted by: ghostbuster
does any one watch the discovery channel? sceintists have been able to record climate changes through ice
samples, they have found that since the burning of fossil fuels there hs been a dramatic increase in co2 levels
that coincide with temperature.
yes finally someone says the same thing as me global warming happend because of the carelessness of humans[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Global Warming

Originally posted by: motox26

thats my proof
ya because im a scientist?good call man
since the invention of the steam engine global warming has occured
there was no such thing as global warming before the buring of fossil fuels its a fact...

Quick Reply: Global Warming