Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

New atv trails in Pa

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2000, 03:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Recently the Siarra Club and the
Autabond society send 1,3000 post cards to Govenor Ridge to stop the expantion of new and excisting trails. they say atvers are ripping the forest apart. I say most of the people sending these letters have never stepped foot off a city side walk. Pa has millions of dallars in Harrisburg collected from atv registrations, it is about time they start spending it on new trails and grooming old trails. I urge anyone interrested in seeing our puplic land opened up for atv use to send a post card to Govenor Ridge as soon as posible!! Dont let groups like the Siarra clubs take away our right to ride.

ridge

Old 12-03-2000, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are trying the same thing here in Idaho. see my post below about the Nampa Idaho rally this Wednesday, the 6th of Dec.

We must do as that famous american Ben Franklin said,"we must all hang together or surely we shall all be hung separately".

We need to get our act together regarding how these Greenies act. One of the things that I find most distressing though is the total lack of help from the manufacturers at the grass roots level to fight against these zealots who would take away our right to ride on public lands. It seems that the manufacturers are more than willing to take our money for their products, but won't spend any of it helping to expand the sport by means other than more product advertising and sales. Without deeper pockets than just plain ole everyday folks we will never win any battles and we won't even be able to break even.

Time for me to get off my soap box.....