Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Elections

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006 | 09:53 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Elections

The type of political party power change that just occurred could have a profound affect on ATV riding. Since I ride on my own land it won't affect me, but those who prefer or are seeking habitat sensitive public lands for riding will find most Democrats unsympathetic to ATV access on some public lands due to the reputation we carry for trespassing and habitat destruction.

Old 11-09-2006 | 07:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default Elections

The Democrats in California have almost outlawed any area where you can operate an atv, except in the southern dessert. The Serria Club in California is mostly responsible, and the Serria Club has oginazations in Michigan and Pennsylvania. Here in Pennsylvania we had a public funded local atv trail park untill the Serria Club filed lawsuits and won, now its a trail area for pedal bycycles and atv's are banned with a $300 fine caught riding an atv in that area. I no longer have any place to ride my atv, I take my atv to one day only poker runs that happen a few times during the summer and I use my atv to snow plow. Its funny in the past there was this area where everybody would ride their atv untill the state took it over and spent 3 millon dollars to turn it into a atv park, ride area,.but now all atv's are banned from riding there. In the northern part of Pennsylvania the local goverment has special roads where atv's are legal to ride on and some townships atv's are licenced and street legal but there is action to ban this also.

Old 11-09-2006 | 10:24 AM
Range Rover
Default Elections

Tis truly a bad day for ATVers, now that low life liberal scumbag democrats are in office. Oh well, I've lived in Massachusetts my whole life so its nothing new. Thank God we have Maine close by!!!

Remember people its only two years to the next election. So make sure we throw out these lousy liberal tax and spend dirtballs!!!!

Old 11-09-2006 | 10:33 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default Elections

Originally posted by: bank
Tis truly a bad day for ATVers, now that low life liberal scumbag democrats are in office. Oh well, I've lived in Massachusetts my whole life so its nothing new. Thank God we have Maine close by!!!

Remember people its only two years to the next election. So make sure we throw out these lousy liberal tax and spend dirtballs!!!!
To retain the current cast of characters claiming to be conservatives who have accumulated record public debt and record government growth?

Old 11-09-2006 | 11:10 AM
Range Rover
Default Elections

Well all I know is the stock market is at an all time high, unemployment is practically nill and inflation is under control!! What more do you want?? I don't doubt your concerns, but no government is perfect.. Besides if you think things are bad now...WAIT..Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton have gotta be the biggest loser scumbag crooks I've ever seen!!!!

Old 11-09-2006 | 11:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default Elections

Originally posted by: MotoF150
The Democrats in California have almost outlawed any area where you can operate an atv, except in the southern dessert. The Serria Club in California is mostly responsible, and the Serria Club has oginazations in Michigan and Pennsylvania. Here in Pennsylvania we had a public funded local atv trail park untill the Serria Club filed lawsuits and won, now its a trail area for pedal bycycles and atv's are banned with a $300 fine caught riding an atv in that area. I no longer have any place to ride my atv, I take my atv to one day only poker runs that happen a few times during the summer and I use my atv to snow plow. Its funny in the past there was this area where everybody would ride their atv untill the state took it over and spent 3 millon dollars to turn it into a atv park, ride area,.but now all atv's are banned from riding there. In the northern part of Pennsylvania the local goverment has special roads where atv's are legal to ride on and some townships atv's are licenced and street legal but there is action to ban this also.
Acually the state is throwing money at atv trail systems....yes the elected officails ED Rendel the democrat being one who is fighting for us....

Old 11-09-2006 | 11:31 AM
Range Rover
Default Elections

Glad to hear it Squeege. Personally, I don't care where the trails come from Dems or Repubs, just so long as there are trails in reasonable places.. I am not aksing for the whole damn forest, just a little place to ride my machine responsibly!!!

Old 11-09-2006 | 12:24 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Elections

Well all I know is the stock market is at an all time high, unemployment is practically nill and inflation is under control!! What more do you want?? I don't doubt your concerns, but no government is perfect.. Besides if you think things are bad now...WAIT..Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton have gotta be the biggest loser scumbag crooks I've ever seen!!!!
Look a little deeper; there's no capital investment in the US, unemployment doesn't include those who have fallen off the roles/taken lower paying jobs and inflation numbers spoon-fed to the public don't include food or energy. For a simple glance, subtract formal deficit spending and supplementary spending on Afghanistan/Iraq from GDP. Not pretty with US payment imbalance. Business people would be in the slammer for those actions. The US is in economic decline with an internal transaction service economy and payment imbalance. Econ 1 can tell you that's a no-no. How any future administration could equal current administration deficit spending and government expansion is beyond my comprehension.

I don't like or trust any of them, regardless of party affiliation. I just want my tax money money spent on US infrastructure and US domestic requirements, not shipped off-shore to spread democracy at the point of a gun. Let's mind our own business and cushion the US decline.

Old 11-09-2006 | 12:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Elections

What rock did you crawl out from under? Never been unemployed so long you run out of benefits and drop off the enemployment figures you spout off about? I have! The price of gold is closly tied to how much distrust we have in the current markets. Inflation? Do I have to continue......

Old 11-09-2006 | 12:36 PM
Range Rover
Default Elections

I'll give you that, I don't want our money spent over seas either. But I want a strong defense to protect us from these nut ball radical islamic terrorists, I mean only the radicals!!! In this day and age it is almost impossible not to deal with the rest of the world militarily and econmonically. China is on the verge of becoming a major capitalist power, who'da thought. The former Soviet Union is still try to get its act together, and who knows what the hell what we're gonna do about Iran and N. Korea going nuclear...You just walk away and pretend nothing is going to happen..

If I honestly thought just staying home and minding our business would work, I'd go for it, but I don't think so!!!

However, as the people have spoken and made a change in the government, lets see what these folks do. If things are any better honestly in a year. I'll tip my hat and say I was wrong. But at the moment, My life has been very profitable and comfortable under the Repubs and lets face it people vote the wallets/pocketbooks. Other people have problems, no doubt and without getting into a big fight, I wonder how many of those people are truly responsible for their own lot in life. I was not born to a well to do family, just a simple middle class one. We went to school made the right choices in life and now get to reap what we sow!!

Quick Reply: Elections