Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Off-Road Registration Stickers?

Old 12-22-2007, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off-Road Registration Stickers?

The Minnesota DNR just opened its newest OHV Recreation Area near Appleton, MN. OHV (Off Highway Vehicle) parks are open to ATVs both I and II, OHMs (Off Highway Motorcycles) and ORVs (Off Road Vehicles) which are jeeps and trucks.

This is the second such park in the state. Appleton is 300 acres located out in rural farm country. It provides trails, b-rooms, shelters, and riding areas. Its not big but a good weekend destination where there is relatively no public land due to agriculture.

The state has another OHV park located near Gilbert, MN. This riding area is around 1300 acres and was built from an old iron ore mine up in Northern Minnesota. Again this park is open to most off road vehicles.

I feel like the money I have spent is coming back to me one way or the other in Minnesota.

We have countless other trail systems and userfriendly ATV resources.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Range Rover

Does anybody know what the state of Nevada requires for out of state registered atv's? How much, how long and where to purchase permits? Thanks for any info.

Old 12-23-2007, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

Nevada has no registration. I ride with a guy that is from Nevada and when he is stopped he shows them his Nevada Drivers Liscense and gets off.

Utah has a yearly OHV registration of $17. Now, that $17 doesn't include property tax....... it works out to about $50 - $75 a year for a freakin sticker, which doesn't really mean anything, you still have to have your "REGISTRATION PAPERWORK" with the 4 wheeler at all times. Keeping them dry and attached is always a challenge. In fact, in Utah, you better not even get caught with trailered ATV's at a gas station without a registration, unless you have a bill of sale that day. Below is the state fee breakdown.

Utah OHV fee

Old 12-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

I like Minnestoa, they use a type of reciprocity for ATVs just like most states do for automobile registration/licence. For example if my ATV were reigistered in Wisconsin I could ride in Minnestoa without getting registration as long as I wasn't there for over thirty days, similar to their auto policy.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

That is the good thing about states that have a program. Virginia couldn't care less...

Old 12-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

That is the good thing about states that have a program. Virginia couldn't care less...

Old 12-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

Apparent you are correct Dragginbutt...... Below is a list with reprocity with Utah...

Reprocity

Old 12-25-2007, 06:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

Be careful what you wish for. Here in Michigan, we pay 16.25 a year for an ORV sticker which gives us the right to ride on State land. BUT the DNR mis-directs our funds and uses them inappropiately,so essentially, its big governement screwing the working man as best as he can. We are so messed up here in Michigan, that im going to see an Attorney after the first of the year.

Being charged yearly ORV funds for safety courses, law enforcement, administration fees,trail maintenence, damage restoration is ALL fine,until you put this money in the WRONG hands and it gets used wrong.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks flyin'... I am hoping to one day ride the trails out your way. The Paiute trails sound really nice.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:54 AM
Range Rover

ATV Registration in PA. cost $20.00 for 2 years. For your $20.00 you get a cute little registration plate w/expiration sticker (same size plate as a motorcycle) that you will have NO place to put it on the back of your quad. But it looks great in my desk drawer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I do keep a copy of the registration and insurance card on the quad
"Gee officer the plate was there when I left"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Off-Road Registration Stickers?