Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

truck trails on Tug Hill

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truck trails on Tug Hill

I can't say enough about the trail coordinator from Lewis County. If you people didn't already know, the DEC closed all the truck trails in Lewis and Jefferson county in April after the Snirt Ride. The head of Region 6 is a new lady whose name escapes me. The trail coordinator from Lewis Countys name is Bob Diehl. This guy is busting his butt to get trails open legally in Lewis county. After the truck trail closings he went to work on finding private land to open up for trail use in Lewis County so that we can still go up to the Hill and ride. He also tried in vane to work with the head of region 6 in getting the truck trails back open with no results.(What a surprise). He then placed a call to the head of the DEC in Albany and asked for a meeting with them which they granted 2 weeks ago. Bob told the NYSORVA reps from Region 6 that the meeting went very well and that the head people from the DEC were very open minded about some of Bob's ideas. This man is working for us non stop on getting these trails open for 4 wheelers and dirt bikes in Region 6. I just wish that the trail coordinator from Jefferson County would get off his butt and work toward the same goal as the rest of the ATV comunity is looking for. Bob Diehl my helmet is off to you for the never ending hard work you are doing for the Lewis County and all of us atv'iers in the state.