Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Typical New York State-Economic Impact Study

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Typical New York State-Economic Impact Study

Well the New York State Assembly did it again!!!! They had a couple of bills up for vote pertaining to ATV'S and SIDE BY SIDES that had passed through the Senate and was sent on to the Assembly. The first bill was tying to recover some of the monies that was stolen from the ATV registration money from 2 years ago for an state wide economic impact study for the whole state. The other bill was to change the weight and width limits on side by side utv'sso we can legally get them registered (For what, hey won't give us any place to ride). Well as we all remember last year when we tried to get the first bill passed the Assembly went on vacation and it was too late to act upon it. Guess what happened this summer? After the Senate passed both bills almost unopposed it was sent to the ASSEMBLY to be voted on. But as is usally the case with the ATV comunity the NO ***** ASSEMBLY wasted enough time, so they wouldn't have to vote on these bills and went on summer vacation.(remember this same thing happened last year). That way the BULL---- ASSEMBLY wouldn't **** off any of there TREE HUGGER backers. I do know one thing, I will be calling my ASSEMBLYMAN on monday and giving them a piece of my mind. Thanks for your time and good atving if you can find some place to ride legally in our BULL---- state.