Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Need for a new forum...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need for a new forum...

How many of you would like to see a new forum dedicated to riding gear discussions? Boots, rain gear, warm clothing, helmets etc. I don't know why there isn't one....

Also how about a forum dedicated to accesories discusion? Wheels, tires, exhaust, rack boxes, etc. Things we are all purchasing every day for our machines. Like did you know there are snowblowers available for ATV's. You do now...

What do you think

Come on ATV-Connection... give us a new forum...

Old 01-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts

There is the section for Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires.

I could see a gear section being useful.

Exhaust and rack boxes are more brand specific in that all hmf pipes (for example) won't fit the same quad. The problem here, and other forums is a few people will turn a nice discussion into an argument over the brand of quad and not the exhaust or other part that would have been initially discussed.

But that doesn't mean it couldn't work, or happen.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

I like the idea of a gear and accesorries page.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:34 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wheels and tires already has a forum (Drivetrain, Suspension, and Tires), and the other kind of stuff I just post in "Other ATV Topics".

Old 02-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Range Rover

accessory topic would be great!but don't you find most accessory's are model specific and there fore be posted in our brand sections??

Old 02-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with you, but there are a lot of things that are generic enough that we could have a lot of good discussions. Snowplows, winches, hand warmers, windshields, GPS etc. There are lots of things that could be talked about. Take helmets for instance. There are a lot of models out there with good features, and then there is junk that borders on criminal. How about neck braces for kids? Brace versus a neck roll etc.

What do you think about nerf bars, crash bars, lighting kits etc. Not necessarily hop up stuff, but items that come in handy out on the trail. There is a lot of safety gear, and maybe first aid stuff that could be useful too. What emergency gear do you carry? Do you use radios? Chatterbox devices ? How do you carry your truck keys and wallet when on the trail?

Come on, the Forum could havee plenty of stuff to discuss.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Range Rover

yeah i see your point i neglected to think of all those other things okay i'll sign the petition for the new forum...lol

Old 02-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm new here. My husband and I have just purchased 2 ATVs and are busy getting them ready to ride, along with gear, etc. I think this would be a great topic/forum. I was looking through some topics yesterday regarding helmets. What a drag to read all the arguments and who wears them and who doesn't and who is stoopid... Too bad.

There is a lot of knowledge bouncing around here and I would love to hear opinions and facts without the debate. I can make an intelligent decision without having it legislated by "know-it-alls" or "refuse-to-comply" rebellious overgrown children.

Good topic though. Let me know if I need to write my congressman supporting it or what the protocol is around here! Thanks.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

Well, although we have never met, nor shared a few moments via EMAIL, I think I already like you... Welcome to the forums. You are right, you will find all kinds here. After a while you just learn to look the other way. You have hit upon a subject that is near and dear to my heart. If you have any questions regarding safety gear, helmets etc, please ask away. I'll try and answer as quick as I can. I was quite surprised to find that this wasn't worthy of a forum category all it's own. I am hoping that enough people speak up so that the owners of this list will step up to the mike and support our plea for safety.

Believe me, I have heard every excuse every muttered at least two or three times. I have come to the conclusion that I can't save everyone... so maybe I'll reach a few that were on the fence or like yourself looking for honest information so they can make an educated decision. I salute you for hanging in there.

DB