Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

U.S. House members poised to ban motorized vehicles from 2.1 million acres

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U.S. House members poised to ban motorized vehicles from 2.1 million acres

Gotta love that hope and change.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default U.S. House members poised to ban motorized vehicles from 2.1 million acres

I will be writing to my senators and congressmen TODAY!
Thanks dbeck!

Old 02-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

Four letters (e-mails) sent! I hope more will take the little time to do so as well!

Old 03-12-2009, 05:06 AM
Pro Rider

Well if you didn't write to your seators and congressmen, don't complain when you don't have access to some land you did before. Obama signed the omnibus bill yesterday.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Gee, what a surprise! We (as a country) elected the most liberal Senate and Congress, and the most liberal President. And we wonder why we are losing our rights. We ranted and criticized Obama before the election in hopes of common sense prevailing (although John McCain isn't much better) and now look at what we have. He said he stop the pork. He signed it anyway. He's spent over 2 trillion dollars since he got in. When's it going to stop? <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>What did we do wrong, are they actouly trying to blame us for the dissaperance of forests in the us, blame loggers (no offense if you are one).</end quote></div> National Forests were originally intended to be both an economic resource (logging) and a place for people to experience the outdoors. By having a renewable resource we can assure that there will always be a supply of lumber for our nations needs. The environmentalists don't consider what God has given us in this country as a resource. They just think it should all be left to grow and rot. I'm willing to bet there is wood in their homes or apartments.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

Most of the land that is logged now days is replanted within a very short time.

The Obama administration will soon come out with a "NEW" tax, such as a Energy use tax or a tax based on your "CARBON FOOTPRINT" and you can bet your hard earned dollars that all of the other politicians will love it! They need to be able to have those $ to spend to make themselves look good in their own states or districts to keep the sheeple voting for them!
What I would really like to know is, when will America wake up? When it's too late to do anything?
It's an Obamanation!!!!
We need new blood in all of the offices! Vote all of these bloodsucking idiots out!!

Sorry for the rant but we all need to do more of it!

Old 03-13-2009, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Rancher, I read an interesting statistic recently. Couldn't find it though. Something like 35-40% of the population either works for the government, or is in some way dependent on the government. We've let ourselves be dug in very deep. I hope we can get out of the hole.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MooseHenden

Rancher, I read an interesting statistic recently. Couldn't find it though. Something like 35-40% of the population either works for the government, or is in some way dependent on the government. We've let ourselves be dug in very deep. I hope we can get out of the hole.</end quote></div>

I hope so too moose! The FEDERAL government payroll needs to be drastically reduced and those folks that are dependent on the government for a welfare check need to earn the support (all of those that are able bodied) that is now given so freely by the hard working people of America! We need to improve our infrastructure so lets put those folks that are ABLE to work a good job! and they would be learning a skill at the same time as well as doing our country a valuable service! NO MORE FREELOADERS!
Illegal aliens should be REQUIRED to serve at least one term in our military or be deported immediately. The provision for anchor babies should be dropped and all medical bills if incurred by illegal aliens should be paid for by their native country.
A big reason why our medical costs are so high is we are having to pay for those that don't pay!
America is a free country but it isn't supposed to be FREE to to live here and be supported by the hardworking taxpayers!
Lets get it together America!

Old 03-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.-- You'll notice that it doesn't say Happiness is guarenteed. It just says we're allowed to pursue it. Sorry, but at this time I can't afford to pay for people who don't want to work to be happy. An interesting Scripture for the able bodied is: If a man does not work, he shall not eat.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

AMEN!

Quick Reply: U.S. House members poised to ban motorized vehicles from 2.1 million acres