Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Just lost my "semi" private place to ride.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Just lost my "semi" private place to ride.

Just thought I would share my problem with everyone. I had a VERY sweet place to ride about 10mins from the house. It is about 60 acres of land that a friend of my father-in-law owns. It has a woods section, a creek to play in, and he lets an excavation company use part of the land to dump left over dirt on so there are huge sand mounds to play on. There are about only 4 of us that were allowed to ride on the land so it was a perfect place to bring my kids to ride. Not to mention if you crossed the creek the land next door was unincorporated so it has been used for years as an offroad area by the locals. I am now no longer allowed to ride there because the land owner parks his bobcat out there and someone stole the forks off of it recently. He cant prove who did it so now no one is allowed out there. This is just a warning for everyone who has access to private land to ride on. Take care of it as if it was your own! We helped clean up certain areas out there and watched out for trouble as best we could. But sure as hell someone screwed it up for those of us that appreciated it. No real point to this thread I just needed to vent my frustration, Thanx for listening.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Yep, it only takes one idiot to ruin it for everyone.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Trailblazer

dude that sucks man. that place sounded real cool. maybe the bobcat owner will come around and let you ride there again.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

in only take one idiot to ruin a good thing thats really too bad

Old 04-18-2010, 08:46 AM
Range Rover

Update......... We got the guy to agree to let us park at his place last weekend and go across the creek to ride....good thing right? A day later he calls at 8:30 in the morning to tell someone on a dirt bike got on his softball field and did doughnuts and tore it all to hell. No one is allowed back out there anymore. This time I think it's for good. Emotional rollercoaster.This sux!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Range Rover

damn man, suxs when you lost your riding spot. The land behind my parents house was recently all posted. We've rode there for years. The worst part is the douche that patrols it (he has permission to hunt it and talked the owner into posting it) thinks it's his own land. I ran into him one day and he tried to get in my face....until I got off the atv and stood above him...I reminded him it's not his land and if the owner wants to prosecute me for trespass, he knows where to find me (he won't) and that now he wanted to get in my face, I will be riding the land during hunting season just to be a DICK. I was being courteous prior to this douche trying to patrol something that isn't his. The land owner has always been cool but this guy is blowing him and causing issues for his own personal gain. I've been thinking about organzing a big ride durning hunting season just to mess with this tool. I know where all his stands are ROFL.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:25 PM
Range Rover

Ya know that does kinda burn my ***. Hunters are ok even though they are discharging fire arms and no one around here says **** about the snowmobilers. I dont personally have any problem with either of them but "Damn it" I'm tired of feeling like a criminal because I ride an ATV. My only options now are drive 1.5 hours north and east to Bundy hill or 2.5 hours south and west to Badlands. Both good places but trying to get a few people to go is such a pain in the ***. 10 mins from the house was so much easier.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider

Why don't those of you who use his property take up a collection and buy him a new set of forks? Meet with him and tell him how bad you feel about his property being stolen and tell him you bought him some new forks to show your appreciation for being allowed to ride there for so long.

Never know...he might let you ride there again.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Range Rover

It's beyond the point of the theft. The destruction of the softball field was the final nail in the coffin. He knows that if other people see us out there they will follow. It was good while it lasted. Talked to him yesterday and hes blocking all the trails across the creek and he has the police patrolling the property. I hope he catches that kid. This is why we get no respect from the public.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by voodoo574
It's beyond the point of the theft. The destruction of the softball field was the final nail in the coffin. He knows that if other people see us out there they will follow. It was good while it lasted. Talked to him yesterday and hes blocking all the trails across the creek and he has the police patrolling the property. I hope he catches that kid. This is why we get no respect from the public.
your so right from reading this your old enough to know respect someone needs to find dirt bag who did it and make him fix the field. all summer and make his parents pay for it if I did that would not of been able to sit for awhile.

Quick Reply: Just lost my "semi" private place to ride.