Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Just lost my "semi" private place to ride.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks but it happenes with everything! The few scew it up for everyone.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Range Rover

Oh man. Sucks. Some years back I had a semi-private pond on a horse farm I used to go bass fishing in with my fly rod. No trophy fish there, 1 to 2 pounders, but plentiful and a really nice place to spend time (although I did once catch a blue gill over 2lbs. in there!). I had politely gone and introduced myself and asked for permission and it was granted, so I wasn't trespassing. Went there here and there for years and one day the manager comes driving accross the field in his truck and tells me he is no longer letting anyone on the farm. Turns out some IDIOT went down to his pond and shot a bunch of his ducks. Left the shell casings there even. This was a stud farm, if you know horse racing, there had to be millions in horse flesh on that property and someone is shooting at ducks! I can't say I blame the guy one bit.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

I used to let people ride on my farm, got about 3 miles of very challenging ATV trails. Sure enough, someone got in there and started tearing up the place. Gate gets locked, no trespassing signs go up, threw a couple of the people who couldn't read signs to the american legal system, worst torture you can inflict on anyone.

A couple of these morons had the nerve to say - I have no other place to ride. Really? When you bought a quad, did it come with a map to my farm? If it did, you should haul the seller to court like I'm doing to you.

Don't like being a hardbutt, but I had no choice. Letting others ride was doing me no good, and it was taking my time to see that the place wasn't getting torn up. That sort of charity might be good for the soul, but it's too hard on the wallet.