Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Treverton Pa coal region ridding

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Treverton Pa coal region ridding

I have seen alot of posts for people looking for areas to ride. Well I am about to let you all in on one of the best kept secret places to ride. Treverton Pa is an old strip mining area that is has been an awesome place for atv / side by side and 4x4's to go and have fun. they do offer a permit to ride here however I have never purchased one or have been asked for one ever and I have been ridding here for over 23 years. Treverton has everything you could ever want, trails that span several mountians and small towns, deep long swamps and mud areas and hill climbs that go on for ever. There are areas you can refuel and stop to eat and drink. local hotels that are cheap and safe to leave your toys out overnight. I would at least lock them up tho just for peice of mind.
Our group does mostly trail rides and we stop to play along the way, we have a little bit of everything ridding with us from 4x4's and utv's to sport quads. If you would like to join us for a ride and a bit of a tour shoot me an PM with your e mail. If you decide to go to treverton I would advise the use of a GPS for first timers because its a huge area. Also keep and eye out for other riders especially on the holiday weekends in the hill climb areas and the main coal roads. its nothing to ride for 2 hrs on the trails and not see another person. You tube has some crazy videos of Treverton. Hope to see you out there

Old 10-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

were is a hotle or camp ground with shower i ca ride riht to the trails?

Old 10-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

sorry but there really aren't any there is the the Glosser Motor inn that is 10 mins by truck. but thats about the closest unless you wanna camp under the stars with no power toilets or showers