Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

If you pack it in, please pack it out.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 08:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My God!! I could not believe how much trash was lying around at Sand Lake, OR this past Sunday. My friend and I were riding through some tree trails between the two parking lots and thats where we saw most of the trash. I was furious. So much so that I rode into the second parking lot and flagged down a ranger (which were out in force that weekend). I asked if he had some large trash bags and mentioned about all the crap out in the trees. He handed me two bags and thanked me for helping out. Well it didn't take long for my wife, buddy and I to fill those bags.

I know this isn't the first time someone writes a post about reminding people to pick up after themselves, but what I saw this weekend was unexceptable. No im not a sandle wearing, tree huggin, granola eating Oregonian. We all need to take part in this responsibility. Garbage left lying around is ONE of the reasons why our riding areas are getting smaller and smaller. So please if you pack it in, pack it out.

Old 06-13-2002, 09:55 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone who throws their trash down on the ground is a piece of trash. Losers like that deserve hefty fines. It is beyond my comprehension why anyone would trash out their place to ride. Like those morons who throw there cigarette butts out the window like they magically disappear. I've come to the conclusion that these idiots don't have the intelligence to know why you don't just throw your trash out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]